- DPS Noida bagged the Overall Trophy at Aarohan, an Inter school English & Hindi Debate Competition held at DPS RK Puram. In the English category Suhana Sharma of VIII won the first prize and the team won the Best Team prize. In the Hindi Debate also, DPS Noida won the Best Team as well as Best Speaker awards.
- DPS Noida won the 1st prize in the Nukkad Natak and comicon and the 2nd prize in Best out of Waste and ‘Little makes the planet Bitter’ competitions held at Shriram Millennium School, Noida
- A 19 member delegation from NEIPA (National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration) visited DPS Noida as part of the 3rd International Programmee for Educational Administrators. They were introduced to the school system through a presentation and taken around the school for an insight into its infrastructure and functioning.
- Aditya Tiwari of class XI bagged the Best Speaker award as he spoke for the motion at the Inter school English Debate Competition organized at DPS Ghaziabad. He debated on the motion ‘Propaganda hungry media is a pawn in the hands of high and mighty’.
- DPS Noida Quiz team won the 1st position in the Delhi NCR zone at the Conquiztador Quiz. This is a national level quiz organized by the PES University and Karnataka Quiz Association. The team has now qualified for the National Finals to be in Bangalore.
- The DPS MUN team won a host of prizes at the LVIS MUN’18 organised at Lotus Valley International School, Noida. The participants won2 Best Delegate positions and 03 High Commendation trophies.
- DPS Noida won the Overall 3rd position at the National Finals of the Western Choir Competition organized at Shiv Nadar School, DLF-I Gurgaon. The Choir of DPS Noida was the only Delhi Public School from India that qualified for the National Level competition.
- Ist position was bagged by DPS Noida at the Photography Competition which was part of Syntex v.2 organised at DPS International, Saket.
- DPS Noida won a host of prizes at Pragyan School, Greater Noida in the Inter school competition ‘Melange 2018’. In the senior category, DPS Noida won the 1st position in the Science Symposium and the Best Speaker award in ‘We the people’- English Debate. A 3rd prize was won at the English Extempore. DPS Noida also won the Best Speaker and the Best Team award in the Hindi Vaad-Vivad competition. For Book Jacketing, DPS Noida won the 2nd prize. The participants from Junior Wing won the 1st prize in ‘Kavita Vachan’. 2nd prize was awarded to the participants in the categories – ‘Nukad Naatak’, ‘Comic Strip Making’, ‘Hindi Poem Recitation’ and ‘Mime - Swacch Bharat’. 3rd prize was won by the participants in the categories - ‘Character Enactment’, ‘Story Narration on a Scientific Concept’ and ‘Power Point Video making’.
- Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, Principal conducted an interactive session on co-scholastic and cultural development in school, as part of an induction programme for newly appointed heads and Principals of Delhi Public Schools at DPS Society-HRD Centre, Lodhi Road. The objective of the programme was to sensitize the new appointees to the ever evolving work culture of Delhi Public Schools.
- · ‘The Fifth Dimension – Creativity & Beyond’ an Interschool event, was organized by Lotus Valley International School, Noida. In this event, Sharav Dutt (Class I) was awarded the 2nd prize in the ‘Draw and Colour’ category. Teams from classes III and IV won the ‘Speech Mention Awards’ in the ‘Pebble Pictures’ and ‘Story Telling’ competitions.
- DPS Noida won the 1st prize in the Nukkad Natak and Newspaper Dress Up and 2nd prize in Whizzquiz in Inter School Environment Festival, ‘Vasundhara- Celebrating the colours of the Earth’ organised by DPS Vasant Kunj.
- DPS Noida won the Overall Best School Trophy at Eloquence, a language festival organized at K.R. Mangalam World School,G.K.II. Out of three events, DPS Noida bagged the 1st position in Tramedy, which was a tragic situation enacted in a comic way. 3rd position was won in Tryst with Shakespeare.
- Two quizzing teams of DPS Noida won the 2nd and 3rd positions at the prestigious Science Quiz organized at Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan.
- DPS Noida strongly supports the Virtual Classroom initiative of the DPS Society. All terrons/modules of Maths and English for classes IX and XI have been shared with the respective classes and a regular feedback has been sent to the society office for the
- DPS Noida won 02 Gold medals and 01 Bronze Medal in the sub-junior category at the Independence Day National Karate Cup 2018 held at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium. The event was organized by the Karate Association of India.
- Ishita Sharma and Ritika Singh, German learners of class X won the 2nd prize in the Tongue Twister Competition at the Language Festival 2018, an Inter School event hosted by DPS R.K.Puram. Shruti Agarwal of class VIII won the 2nd prize in the Spanish show and Tell Competition and Vrinda Vig, also of class VIII won the 3rd prize in Poetry Recitation.
- DPS Noida won the 2nd position and 3rd position in the senior and junior category respectively at the National Inter DPS Quiz competition hosted by DPS Rohini, under the aegis of DPS Society.
- 15 schools participated in the DPS National Swimming Meet Girls (Open) 2018 that was held at Delhi Public School, Noida, under the aegis of the DPS Society. The Inaugural ceremony began with the skillful swimmers proudly marching to the rhythmic beats of the drum. After the oath of fair play and true sportsmanship was taken by the participants, referees and coaches, the meet was declared open by the Director of DPS Society, Dr. D. R. Saini. The talented swimmers from several DPS Schools came together to participate in the competition displaying their beautiful athleticism and sportsmanship in varied styles – Free Style, Breast Stroke, Back Stroke and Butterfly Stroke and Free Style Relay. The activity packed meet ended with the Prize Distribution at the Valedictory ceremony on Sunday, August 12, 2018. DPS Noida was declared the proud overall winner of this prestigious meet. With a total of 11 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bronze medals in various categories, the seasoned swimming stars paved their way to the well-deserved success. DPS Greater Noida and DPS R. K. Puram finished on second and third positions respectively. Aaliyah Singh of DPS Noida bagged the ‘Best Swimmer”of the meet trophy.
Mr. V. K. Shunglu, Chairman DPS Society, Mr. Promod Grover, Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. K. N. Khandelwal, Member Managing Committee DPS Noida and Dr. D. R. Saini, Director DPS Society were among the esteemed guests who graced the occasion.
- Junior Wing students celebrated Independence Day with great patriotic fervour by participating in interesting activities. Nursery and Prep students came dressed in the hues of the tricolour as leaders and freedom fighters. They coloured Nehru Caps and National symbols and did finger printing in dove stick puppets. Class I and II students made tricoloured headbands and badges. Cap making activity was conducted for Class III students. Class IV students made tricoloured coasters and Class V students wrote freedom related slogans and proudly made the Indian flags. Public speaking activities were held, patriotic songs were sung and stories of India’s freedom struggle were narrated. The euphoria of Independence Day drenched everyone in the spirit of patriotism.
August 14 - 15
- DPS Noida organised an Inter House Patriotic Song and Folk Dance Competition to Commemorate the 72nd Independence Day of India. The six houses of the school presented mellifluous songs and beautifully choreographed dances on the theme of ‘Unity in Diversity’ showcasing the folk traditions of different Indian States. Ravi and Satluj houses were declared winners in the Patriotic Song category and Ravi and Chenab houses were the winners in the dance performance. In the Special Assembly, organised on August 15, 2018 the Principal, Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, announced cash prizes for the winners and congratulated the students for their hard work and zeal in putting together flawless performances. She highlighted the importance of independence and urged everyone to protect and preserve it by leading a meaningful and responsible life, dedicated to the growth and progress of their nation.