- At the Inter DPS English Festival, A Thousand Splendid Suns organised at DPS International, Saket, DPS Noida performed exceptionally well and won in five events. In the online event DPSN won the 1st position in Call of the Quill, a poetry competition. First position was also bagged in speech Ahoy. Two First runner up positions were won in stage performances.
- The Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan, a National Science Talent Search Exam was successfully conducted at DPS Noida for classes VI-XI. This online exam held for the first time involved around five lakh students across the nation and this Government of India initiative was taken forward by the DPS Society very successfully.
- 685 students of classes IV and V presented the enlightening story of the life and philosophy of Lord Buddha titled, “The Buddha Within”. They brought alive the inspiring tale of the prince who became the “Awakened One” through a mesmerizing theatrical presentation. The dramatized sequences, impressive visuals and scintillating dance performances displayed the philosophy of Buddha. The teachings of Lord Buddha, his quest for peace and wisdom and the eight fold path of Buddhism were highlighted. Chairman, DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover congratulated the young children for their fantastic performance.
- The International Maths Olympiad was successfully conducted at DPS Noida. 627 students registered for the exam, the result of which is awaited.
- The 1st prize was won in a skit competition in the Inter DPS Japanese Language Festival held at DPS R.K. Puram. In the same event, students also won a second prize in designing a bookmark. The purpose of this competition was to motivate Japanese students towards the Japanese language through various school level activities
- 'Muskurahat' an intra club event of the Hindi Dramatics Club Mukhaute, was organised and executed with great enthusiasm by all club members. 130 Club members from classes VI-VIII participated in this event. A number of prizes were distributed to the deserving actors presenting 6 different enactments.
- At the inter school event ‘Image 2017 - India and the World’ held at Cambridge School, Noida, Atharv Kapoor of Prep C and Jhanvi Singhi of Prep D bagged the first position in the competition ‘Little Chefs at Work - Global Kitchen’. Priyanshi Sharma of 1-G secured 2nd position in ‘Show and Tell’ Competition.
- Vaani Kaushik and Yashita Kumar of class X were selected for the PASCH Youth Camp in Germany. The students will be on a scholarship and attend the camp in June 2018. Both the girls excelled in their written test as well as interview held at Max Mueller Bhavan.
December 7 - 26
- Used and new woollen clothes were collected from the entire school and 10 cartons were sent to the NGO Goonj to spread warmth to the less privileged in society. The students and staff contributed wholeheartedly to this social venture.
- 58 members of the Hindi and English Dramatics Club visited Bal Bhavan to attend a theatre workshop 'Tell a Tale'. Accompanied by two teachers, the students went with an intent to watch, learn and absorb the finer nuances of stage presentations. The club members returned enriched with a deeper understanding of theatre.
- Shaurya Chandra of class X won the First Prize in model making at the state level Science Competition organised by DIOS, Gautam Budh Nagar. The event organised at Bihari Lal Inter college Dankaur by the Education Department of U.P. was an exhibition of Science related models where in Shaurya's model on Parkinson outshone all his competitors.
- A National Level Geography Olympiad was conducted in the school for students of classes VI-IX. This initiative was taken up by the Geography Department in order to ignite among the students a passion to know more about the world and the diverse global issues related to the environment. 60 students participated this year and the number is expected to go up considerably next year.
- In the 6th NCR Grand Pix Karate Championship, organised by Vyom United Sports Management pvt. ltd. held at VSM Bal Bhawan Sr. Sec. School, Delhi, our budding karate champs won 12 gold medals, 9 silver medals and 13 bronze medals and did the school proud. DPS Noida also bagged the over all trophy.
- DPS Noida bagged the overall trophy at Udaan, an Inter School Science Festival organised by the Science & Technology Centre, Government of U.P. The competition included a number of Science based events like a play on water conservation, a presentation on Scientists & their inventions, Quizzes etc. The school also bagged the The Best School and the Best Teacher coordinator Trophies.
- Ms. Preeti Vyas attended the meeting on Common Revision Assignment in the DPS Society office conducted by Mrs. Zeenat Khader. The syllabus, marking scheme and blue print for the Class V revision assignments for English, Maths and Hindi were finalized. DPS Noida was entrusted with the responsibility of making two sets of papers each for English-Module 1 and Module 2 respectively. These need to be submitted by 22nd December 2017.
- Happy Family Day was celebrated by Class Prep. The theme of the event was ‘GO GREEN’. A number of activities was organized for the parents and children. A family song and rhymes were sung by our children to give a zest of bond and love to the families. The families also enjoyed playing games in the classroom. Pot decoration with eco-friendly material was done by the parents and the children helped them to sow the seeds. A fun frolic Hurdle race was kept for everyone, where the material used such as tie and bracelet was made up of recycled newspaper. The main aim of these activities was promote the use of eco-friendly materials in our day life and include more outdoor activities for good health and better bonding.
- The Commerce Department of DPS Noida conducted an Annual Inter Section event for class XI students "4th BIZNESS AFFAIRES" to give an exposure to the students of Commerce Stream to meet the challenges in the current business scenario as well as facilitate presentation skills. It was executed with four events namely Investomania, Biz Quiz, Ad-vent and Logo Tale.
- DPS Noida won the Zonal Topper Trophy in the International French Spell Bee Competition 2017. 3 students (French learners) have qualified for the finals to be held on 16th January 2018 at the India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Mrs. Sandesh Arora and Ms. Rachna Misra of the Science Department attended a workshop at Kothari International School on concept building. This workshop organised by CBSE aimed at strengthening the concepts of the teachers in relation to class XI and XII teaching.
- 50 students participated the India-Japan Sports Exchange Programme at Indira Gandhi Stadium as part of the ongoing Japan Festival. The programme included a demonstration of Japanese martial arts and Japanese Drum & Dance performances. Two Judo Olympic medalists also attended the event.
- The second level of The Science and Maths Talent Exam 2017 (SMTE) was successfully conducted. Sixty four outstanding achievers of class IX took this exam, the result of which is awaited.
- “Milestones”- The annual Scholar Badge Ceremony for classes XI and XII, organized at DPS Noida, is one such event that celebrates the academic excellence of young scholars as they strengthen their wings to soar higher. In the prestigious event this year, more than 160 students adorned the stage to collect their Gold medals and Scholar blazers. The Chief Guest of the function was the honourable Chief Minister of Delhi Mr. Arvind Kejriwal Congratulating the young scholars, Mr. Kejriwal , in his address to the gathering, urged the parents to support their children in pursuing their dreams and encouraged the youngsters to become contributing citizens of their beautiful nation. As a proud parent of the school since 2000, he credited DPS Noida for grooming his children into multi- faceted individuals.
Chairman DPS Noida Mr. Pramod Grover congratulated the students for their scholarly achievements and appreciated the school for providing its students with umpteen opportunities in both curricular and co curricular areas. The event was culturally enriched by the captivating performances of the talented students of DPS Noida. Where, the heart rending Mime act ,showcasing the traumatic experience of the victims of human trafficking, moved the audience, the melodious rendition of the Sufi song Dama Dum Mast Qalander mesmerized them completely.
The gathering also admired and applauded the innovative Mathematical English song on ‘Circles’and the vibrant Kathak dance performance Satya Hai Adig Khara portraying the invincibility of truth. The prestigious event was also graced by Mrs. Sunita Kejriwal, Professor R. S. Nirjar, Former Vice Chancellor of Gautam Buddh University and Ms. Sudipta Ghose, Member Managing Committee, DPS Noida.
- Siddhant Verma of class X did DPS Noida proud by beating all his opponents at the Nationals of the scrabble challenge held in Mumbai. Students from Delhi, Mumbai, Pune & Bangalore had assembled in Mumbai for the National finals. 4 students of DPS Noida, one each from classes VI, VII, IX and X had won the Delhi City Finals. Two students who stood First at their respective levels Siddhant Verma (X) and Shreya Gupta (VI) represented Delhi State at Mumbai.
- Yashita Kumar of class X was taken for an excursion to the Kingdom of Dreams along with all the other Fit in Deutsch (level 2) exam toppers. The trip was organised by Goethe Institute, Max Muller Bhavan
- Girl students of class XI attended a workshop organised by IWPA( The Indian Women Pilot Association) organised this conference for girl students only as a part of their Golden Jubilee Celebrations. The conference highlighted the role of women in aviation, Indian Airforce, DRDO and ISRO. The students had an enriching experience interacting with women professionals who have emerged as leaders in their respective fields overcoming all difficulties especially gender bias.
- Anubhav Das of class V secured the first position in the Junior Category in the Times NIE colour splash painting competition held at KNMA Noida. Saumya Gupta of class V bagged the 3rd position in the same category. Both were also awarded complimentary movie tickets for their achievement.
- Ramanujan, a Maths Inter School Competition, was organised at Amity International School, Noida. The Mathematicians of DPS Noida, won three 1st positions in problem solving at classes VII, VIII & X levels. While at the classes VII & VIII levels, one student each won this position, from class X three participants of DPS Noida got the first position. At the class V level, DPS Noida won the 2nd position. It was an outstanding result overall.
- Once again DPS Noida won a host of trophies and prizes at ACCESS 2017 held at Modern School Barakhamba Road. Making a mark at both the Junior & Senior levels, the computer geeks won the 1st position in their presentation and A/V editing. They also won second prizes in Quiz, Fancy dress and software development competitions. At the same events Kenisha Bhansali (IV B ) participated in Multimedia Presentation competition and won the First prize. Darsh Kedia (V F) and Pratulya Trivedi ( IV D) won the second prize in IT and Computer Quiz event and Siya Singh (IV C) also won the second prize in IT Fancy Dress event at Modern School Barakhamba Road.
- DPS Noida won the Times NIE Regional Quiz Competition held at DPS World School, Noida Extension. The school team comprising Apurv Mishra, Ishan Pratap Singh and Pranav Dhar lifted the trophy after a two stage quizzing battle with over 40 teams.
- 22 students of class XII (session 2016-17) were awarded Merit Certificates by CBSE for their outstanding results. The Board awards certificates of merit in each subject to the top 0.1% of the successful candidates inorder to recognize their qualities & outstanding performance.
- DPS Noida Spanish students won the 3rd prize in the literary piece (VIII-IX) and consolation prize in Paper Carry Bag (VIII) Competition at the Inter School Spanish Language Festival, 'La-Feria' 2017 organized by DPS Mathura Road.
- DPS Noida organised the Annual Inter DPS National Heritage Festival - Itihaas Ke Jharoke Se – 2017, under the aegis of the DPS Society. The festival was an extraordinary amalgamation of students’ creativity, skill, knowledge and enterprise along with glimpses of the myriad Indian culture. Teams from over 65 Delhi Public Schools across the country participated in onsite events comprising Maati Pukare ,showcasing the distinct culture and tradition of the unique states of India and Bhooli Bisri Paak Vidhi, a presentation of the lost recipe of any one region or community of the nation.The teams also sent entries for Sanrachna, (Model Making), depicting the exquisite architectural heritage of the undivided India, which has been rightfully commended as the ‘greatest galaxy of monuments in the world’.
The Inter DPS National Art Exhibition 2017 displaying paintings made by the budding young artists from classes VI to XI in two categories, further added vibrancy to the show. The event also featured a colourful Fancy Dress Competition on varied themes wherein the tiny tots of DPS Noida from classes Nursery to II, captivated the audience with their adorable performances. Significantly, worksheets and questionnaires were given to the students sensitizing them further about the distinct heritage and culture of India, making the whole festival a learning experience for them.The competitions of this prestigious event were judged by eminent Jury, renowned in their respective fields.
The multi-talented students of DPS Noida made the school proud as DPS Noida stood First in all the competitions.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Guest of the event, Director of the renowned Film and Television Institute of India FTII, Pune, Mr. Bhupendra Kainthola said that the students of today have immense potential and hence Film Making should also be introduced in school curriculum so that these gifted young minds may get an opportunity to bring their novel ideas on screen. Chairman DPS Society Mr. V. K. Shunglu lauded the efforts of the host school in putting up an impressive show which was not only a spectacle of the great Indian diversity but also led us to the pursuit of our own identity. Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover congratulated the teams for their outstanding performance and stressed that education in all Delhi Public Schools is holistic in nature.
The event was graced by luminaries from The Delhi Public School Society which
included Mrs. Shunglu, member Managing Committee DPS Noida,Dr. Sudipta Ghose,
Director DPS Society Ms. Sandhya Awasthy, along with Principals of various Delhi Public
- The Rotary Club of Noida added a humanitarian component to the Heritage Mela at DPS Noida by stationing a blood donation Van on the school premises. The aim was to spread awareness about the need of blood donation and to motivate and inspire people to do the same.
- DPS Noida has been selected by the Government of India to set up the 'Atal Tinkering Lab'. Atal Innovation Mission is Government of India's flagship initiative to promote innovation in order to provide a platform where innovative ideas are generated. The selection was announced on the Birthday of former Prime Minister Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee. ATL is a workspace where young minds can give shape to their ideas through hands on do it yourself make and learn innovation skills. Young children will get a chance to work with tools and quipment to understand the concepts of STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math).
- Ms. Prerna Saran and Ms. Priya Purohit of the English Department attended a Capacity Building Workshop organised by CBSE. The workshop aimed at strengthening the class X syllabus. Subject experts interacted with teachers of class X and informed them about what to expect with class X board exams being reinforced from the 2017-18 session.
- DPS Noida made a clean sweep at the Psychology First organised at Cambridge school Greater Noida. The students won the 1st prize in Debate competition as well as in Psycho Thespian, a theatre competition. In the Art Competition Psycho Art DPS Noida stood second.
- The Principal, Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, participated in a meeting at the DPS society with Dr. Jyoti Sharma, Associate Professor, Delhi University. The meeting aimed at discussing the project of preparing a batch of Maths teachers, teaching Mathematics in classes VI-VIII in core Delhi Public Schools as Resource experts.