- The students of Class IV paid a befitting tribute to the courageous woman warrior of India, Jhansi Ki Rani, Lakshmibai in their Annual Production under the umbrella of ‘Maati Ke Lal’, an ongoing series of productions honouring the courageous sons and daughters of India. The saga of Rani Lakshmibai was beautifully brought alive through period costumes, beautiful dance performances and a poetic rendition of her bravery and valour, which left the audience spellbound. A melodious performance on Desh Raga by the school orchestra and a song by the choir group celebrating woman power brought alive the patriotic fervour. The meritorious students of the class were also felicitated with Excellence Awards in the area of academics on this occasion.
- DPSN won the 1st prize in Ad Zap(Spanish) and the 2nd prize in Enact a Fable (French) at DIE KOTOBA POTPOURRI FRAGANTE, an Inter School French LanguageFest organised by DPS R.K. Puram.
- 173 students of classes I-XII qualified for the Second Level of the International Mathematics Olympiad(2016-17). 29 students received medal of Excellence.
- 25 students from class VI-X appeared for the 2nd level of the Unified Cyber Olympiad, conducted by the Unified Council, at Shriram Millennium School, Noida.
- A workshop on ‘Quality Segregation of Waste Management Programme’ headed by Brig. Amit Kapoor and conducted by Citizens Environment Improvement Society, was organised for students of class IX. A Power Point Presentation on effective waste management was shown to the students and a booklet titled ‘Nature Conservation through Waste Segregation’, was distributed to them. Four large segregation bins were gifted to DPS Noida and students were educated to manage wastes effectively.
February 7 &13
- 407 students of classes VI-XII appeared for the National Mathematics Olympiad conducted by AISMTA (All India Schools Mathematics Teachers Association) in DPS Noida. 5 students of class VIII secured 100% marks and have been awarded a shield. 72 students secured between 90%-99% and were awarded medals.
- Garima Saluja, of class X, was chosen and felicitated as one of the 10 Times NIE Star Correspondents, at the Annual Times NIE Newsmakers’Meet 2017, organised at the Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad. The meet was attended by 200 students from various schools. The selection process from the star correspondents was a written evaluation process followed by an interview with the prestigious Times NIE editorial team.
- The students of class II undertook a project ‘Mera Desh, Meri Pehchaan’. The children came dressed up in traditional outfits of different states and spoke a few sentences about that state. Craft Activity was done on ‘My Location on the World Map’ which the children enjoyed immensely.
- 74 students of classes VI-XII participated in the 10th International Maths Olympiad, Level II held at DPS Noida. Shashwat Mundra of class VII attained Zonal Rank I and 12 students got Zonal Rank between 1-25.
- A Farewell Function was organised for the Batch of 2017 in a grand ceremony. Students of class XI presented a cultural extravaganza comprising songs, dances and soulful poetry. A sumptuous lunch was laid out in the school lawns for the students. A Photo Booth was set up in collaboration with Pearl Academy to enable the students to get professional photographs clicked on this memorable day.
- 184 students of class IX and 6 teachers participated in a segregation of waste programme.
- Ms. Kashyu Dua and Ms. Neha Buttan attended a workshop on‘Capacity Building Programme on Life Skills’ conducted by CBSE Academic and Training Unit, held at DPS Greater Noida. The workshop laid emphasis on understanding the meaning, need and importance of life skills which include social, emotional and cognitive skills. The need to integrate life skills in the curriculum and its effective implementation in the classroom was focused upon.
- Aarti Singh of the Commerce Department attended a Conference on Development and Commerce, organised by Delhi Public School Society – HRD Centre at DPS Jodhpur.
- Delhi Public School, Noida, swept the awards at the much awaited three day 31st Annual Noida Flower Show, ‘Vasant Utsav’, organized by the Horticulture Society of Noida in association with the Noida Authority, held at Noida Stadium from February 24-26, 2017.
With three Rolling Trophies and 29 awards in various categories, DPSN was clearly an outstanding performer at this colourful event, where several schools / college / institutions from Noida and Greater Noida participated. The CEO of Noida Authority, Mr. Deepak Aggarwal, inaugurated the event.
The coveted ‘Best School Garden Award’ was bagged by DPS Noida and so was the prestigious Gopal Reva Pant Memorial Rolling Trophy for arrangement of Petunias in circles. The school also won prizes in 18 category of potted flowers. Some budding artists of DPS Noida won prizes in the Painting Competition organized at the Noida Stadium to coincide with this event. The organizers congratulated the school for its spectacular achievement. The Head Gardener of DPS Noida Mr. Akhil was felicitated with an award for his stellar role.