- Ms. Meenu Sehgal and Ms. Nidhi Ahuja of the Accountancy department attended a Professional Enrichment Programme at Rukmini Devi Public School, Pitampura, Delhi. The resource persons Mr. R.K. Khosla and Dr. G.S. Grewal discussed the changes in the curriculum of Accountancy for XI and XII. Focus was also on how to teach GST(XI) and Not for Profit Organisation(XII). These two topics have been recently added to the syllabus
- A Tree Plantation Drive was organized by the Environment Club of DPS Noida in collaboration with Rotary Club of Noida in the Science Park. Rtn Gunjeet Kaur, Rtn. Vikas Singhal, Rtn. Inder Mohan Kumar, Rtn. Nishit Bhatnagar, Rtn. Harminder Singh, Rtn. Bansal and Rtn. K. K. Sadani were present at the event. The Rotary Club sponsored around 40 medicinal plants and fruit tree saplings for the drive.
- Ms. Madhu Kumari and Ms. Shivani Sharma of the Science Department attended a meeting at HRD Centre Lodhi Road for a discussion on designing of schedule and study material for Science workshops at the primary and middle school level.
- Healthy Breakfast Day was celebrated with full enthusiasm by the students of DPS Noida & DPS Noida Sector-122. Students brought healthy breakfast which included idlis, sandwiches with fruits and juice. They were encouraged to share their food with each other. Importance of eating healthy and following healthy hygiene everyday was also discussed. In order to make the day a fun filled event a ‘Healthy Eating’ song was sung in the class by students and teachers.
- Ms. Harleen Sharma of the Accountancy department attended a meeting at the HRD Centre, DPS Society, Lodhi Road for planning an enrichment programme for Commerce teachers of Delhi Public Schools. The meeting was chaired by Ms. Vinita Kher, Director DPS Society, Dr. P.C. Jain, ex-principal SRCC and Ms. Shipra, a resource person from NCERT
July 11- 12
- To pay a tribute to their loving mothers, the Nursery students of DPS Noida, Sector-30 and Sector-122 celebrated ‘Mother’s Day’ with fervour and enthusiasm. The children welcomed their moms by reciting rhymes like ‘Maa tu kitni achi’ and ‘Mommy I love you’. They presented a handmade card, a Super Mom Certificate, a beaded pasta necklace and a tiara to their mothers. Then mothers alongwith their children participated in funfilled classroom games like Four Corners, Musical Chairs, Passing the Parcel and Dancing Statue. Students splashed in the pool together with their mothers delightfully and later decorated a photoframe with a picture of mom and child together. The day ended with a return gift picked by the moms for their children from the ‘Goody Bag’.
- The students of the Environment Club celebrated Van Mahotsav by planting trees in the Science park of the school. The activity undertaken with great enthusiasm and zeal, was held in collaboration with the Rotary Club, Noida city. Various fruit bearing trees like litchi, jamun, mango and amla, medicinal plants and herbs were planted. The students pledged to not just plant but even nurture the saplings and watch them grow into resplendent trees.
- DPS Noida won the Overall Trophy at the Annual Inter School Entrepreneurship event “Enship”. The team performed exceptional Well in all events and won the 1st position in Business Quiz and AD-making competitions.
- The students and teachers of the French department of DPSN celebrated French National Day to commemorate storming of Bastille on July 14, 1789. Different events and competitions for students of various levels were organized. Students of class VI displayed the ideals of French Revolution and their love for France through Poster Making. Home made French dishes were showcased by the students of class VI to celebrate authentic French cuisine. A quiz based on French history and culture for students of classes IX and X was also conducted. This was followed by an on-stage program which included a recitation, a beautifully rendered French song and a foot tapping French dance.
- Students of class IX were taken for an educational excursion to the National Museum. This visit gave them an insight into the Indian History, culture and artistic excellence. It also helped in generating students’ interest towards History and Arts.
- Quizzing teams of DPS Noida won the Overall trophy at Quiz at Amity 2018 organised by Amity International School, Saket. 1st position was bagged by DPS Noida in the SPENT Quiz and 3rd position in General Quiz.
- DPS Noida won the first prize in Comic Strip Making and the third prize in Fancy Dress at the ‘Deutsch Jamboree’ the Inter school German language event, organized by K.R. Mangalam world school, GK II, in collaboration with Goethe Institute, Max Mueller Bhavan.
- Ms. Rashima Kasal, Ms. Arti Singh and Ms. Vinod Bala Sharma were deputed as subject experts at the Selection Committee meeting at DPS Indirapuram for English, Accountancy and Physical Education respectively.
- Kenisha Bhansali of V G participated in a Fashion Show (Marchfiguren) at an Interschool German Language Event “DEUTSCH JAMBOREE” held at K.R. Mangalam World School, GK-II and won the 3rd prize.
- DPS Noida won the second position at Infinitus Reus, the Annual Quiz at DPS R.K. Puram. The team outshone a number of other schools to emerge winners.
- Mrs. Tejinder Khosla of the Economics Department attended a workshop at HRDC Dwarka on ‘Teaching Economics in the changing world’. She went as a Panelist to discuss the challenging topics in macroeconomics. Theory for class XII where she conducted a doubt solving session for the teachers.
- Rushil Khosla of VII F has been selected to be part of the Indian Team Lawn Tennis to Kazakistan. He is part of the Indian Boys team that has qualified for the event after playing regionals in Nepal in April 2018. Rushil will be palying in the 2018 ITF Asian 12 and Under Team Competition to be held in September.
- Aditya Tiwari of class XI won the 2nd prize in the Bureaucracy Conclave at Tagore International School, Vasant Vihar.
- The computer geeks of DPS Noida won a host of prizes at Alphanoda, an Inter School IT event organized at DPS Gurgaon. The team won two 1st prizes in Create and Gaming events and two third prizes in the Online Hunt and Group Discussion.
- IT team of DPS Noida won three 2nd prizes at Code 2018, an Inter school IT event organized by Apeejay School, Noida. The events were Digital Imaging, Robo Race and PC logo.
- DPS Noida won the Runners Up Trophy at the Inter School Swimming Competition held at YMCA Greater Noida. Navya Singhal and Shreya Saxena were declared Best Swimmer in their respective competition.
- Mrs. Rosemary Wilson attended a two day Capacity Building Workshop organized at DPS Ghaziabad by CBSE. The workshop aimed at bringing together teachers of English in order to discuss and highlight core areas of English curriculum at the XI-XII level.
- DPS Noida bagged the 1st position in TASVEER, a photo-essay competition which was part of Mosaic-2018, an Annual Inter School Psychology and Sociology Competition.
- Ms. Arti Singh of the Commerce department attended a workshop organized by the Commerce Teachers Foundation at Air Force Bal Bharti School, Lodhi Road. Mr. Dinesh Madan, President CTF was the resource person and he focused on tips to make teaching of Business Studies fun.
- 17 students accompanied by Mr. R. Prasad of the Art Department visited an Art Exhibition at the Art life gallery in Noida. Paintings of approximate 84 eminent artists and sculptures of Delhi NCR as well as of primary school students of Sanskar Kendra schools, are displayed there. The students got an opportunity to not only see great art work but even interact with stalwarts like Padma bhushan Shri. Ram V. Sutar.
- DPS Noida won the 1st Runners Up Trophy at the Inter School Football Tournament at Father Agnel School, Noida.