- A French Teachers Workshop was organised by IATF (Indian Association of Teachers of French) in the MP Hall of the school. Approximately 80 teachers from CBSE school in Delhi/NCR attended the workshop. The workshop was inaugurated by Ms. Anuradha Karkus ( President IATF, North Zone), Ms. Caroline Schmitt ( Attache’for cooperation for French Language) Prof. Kiran Chaudhry (Assistant Professor(French), JNU), Mr. Dinesh Aggarwal (Director Langers International) and Ms. Gurleena Sikka (HOD Foreign Languages DPSN). The day long workshop aimed at discussing the revised curriculum of CBSE as well as the new exam and evaluation pattern. The subject experts talked about different types of activities possible for the listening and speaking competencies. A round table session was held post lunch to discuss the various aspects in the new curriculum and the new language formula proposed by CBSE from 2020 onwards.
- The Junior Wing has initiated a drive to further foster the English Communication skills of the students wherein Class assemblies, five minute activities and other interesting activities are conducted in classes on a regular basis. Class libraries have also been set up. To motivate the students for their efforts, attractive badges are awarded on a monthly basis.
- Mrs. Meenu Sehgal, HOD, Commerce Department received a Certificate of Appreciation from Study Mate in collaboration with Learning Centre, Hindustan Times, for volunteering to participate in ‘Hum Hai Na’ – a 24 hours Board Exam Helpline, as a Business Studies Teacher.
- Aaliyah Singh of class IX won a Gold Medal in 50m and Bronze medal in 100m Breaststroke in the junior National Championship (swimming) held at Pune. Navya Singhal of class IX bagged the 4th and the 5th position in 200m Butterfly and 400m Individual Medley.
- DPS Noida initiated Hockey Trials for the students of classes VI-VIII, with the aim of preparing a Hockey Team to represent the school at various levels.
July 8 & 9
- Ms. Manpreet and Ms. Ramona Arora of the German department attended a yearly conference for German Teachers organised by Goethe Institute, New Delhi at Hotel Lalit, Connaught Place There were interesting and interactive programs conducted by highly experienced moderators from India & Germany.
- A ‘Fruit Chaat Day’ was organized for class I students to create awareness amongst the children about the importance of healthy eating habits. All children participated actively and enjoyed eating the fruit chaat.
- Further to the Quality Assessment Programme completed in 2016 and with reference to a programme for development of English language teaching and learning at all levels of schools. Ms. Preeti Vyas and Ms. Neha Buttan attended a Discussion Meet held at the DPS Society’s HRD Centre, Lodhi Road. The meeting was chaired by Prof. B.P. Khandelwal and was attended by Mrs. Vinita Kher, Mrs. Nina Sehgal, professors from NCERT, Vice Principals and teachers from various DPS schools.
- DPS Noida won the Overall Best Delegation Trophy at DPS Sushant Lok MUNwherein over 300 students from 15 schools participated. 5 students of DPSN got the Best Delegate Award with 1 student getting High Commendation and 1 student getting Special Mention. The 18 member delegation from DPSN represented China.
- “Harmonics”- the Western Music Club of DPS Noida organised an Inter Section Western Music Competition for classes VI to IX. Over 600 students participated in the event, sang popular English numbers and impressed the audience with their well co-ordinated performance. The senior students of the Western Music Club worked tirelessly to host this mega event. Principal DPS Noida, Mrs. Kamini Bhasin congratulated the club members for their commendable achievements and wished them luck for all their future endeavours..
- 31 German learners from class VIII participated in the Fit for Deutsch-I Exam, held at Max Mueller Bhavan. Ms. Ramona Arora of the German Department accompanied the students. The results are awaited.
- Nursery students of DPS Noida, Sector-30 and Sector-122 celebrated Mother’s Day with great zeal and fervor. Moms were warmly greeted by their tiny tots with beautiful handmade gifts. They played games like ‘Musical Chairs’, ‘Four Corners’, ‘Passing the Parcel’ etc. The mothers had great fun as they revisited their childhood days.
- With the concern of empowering language in children and encourage spoken English among them, the English Department of the school initiated the ‘Engcredible Week’ which highlighted the importance of speaking English and adopting it as a language of communication not only within the school premises but also in the outside. ‘Language Incharges’ were made from every class, from VI-XII, to monitor the efforts of the students. The staff and students enthusiastically participated in it. Making it a success. The parents appreciated the ‘I am Engcredible’ badge which adorned their uniform.
- The Bastille Day (French Day) was celebrated by the students and teachers of the French Department with the usual exuberance and fanfare as every year. Different events and competitions for students of various levels were organised. Book mark making for class IV-V, Collage Making for classes VI-VIII, French Song Competition for all levels and a Quiz for classes VIII and IX. The programme ended with a foot tapping French dance.
- The meeting of the Principals of Noida and Greater Noida schools, under the flagship of URPSA (Unaided Recognised Public Schools Association) was held. The Principals, attending the meeting, collectively reiterated their commitment to the social cause of imparting education to the students of economically weaker sections of society. The Principals also confirmed that they are in the process of checking and verifying the EWS applications, for session 2017-18, which they have received from the office of BSA.
- Quiz on Maths and Social Science was organised for the students of class IX in the new MP Hall. The quiz comprised six rounds, based on different topics. Two students from every class represented their section. The quiz was coordinated and executed by the students of class IX with the help of their subject teaches.
- DPSN won the 1st position in General Quiz at “Quizz at Amity” – the Inter School Quiz organised by Amity International School, Saket. This event was produced by Quizcraft Global Knowledge Solutions (P) Ltd.
- Hundreds of Rakhis andcards with heartfelt messages were made and sent to the unknown soldiers stationed at the border regions of Siachin and Longewal. The entire school participated in this initiative, steered by the Interact Club of DPS Noida.
- Vaanya Mehra, Ishita Sharma, Ritika Gupta of class IX along with their German teacher Manpreet Kaur attended a PASCH Youth Campin Udaipur organised by Goethe Institute Max Mueller Bhavan. It was a thematic Camp based on the elements of Nature, providing exposure to students about the environmental issues and its solutions and learning from Nature on how to evolve.
- An educational fair was organised for the students of class XI to understand the process and procedure for admission to foreign universities such as New Zealand, Australia and Canada. The fair was very informative for students and they showed keen interest.
- Mrs. Kamini Bhasin, Principal DPSN represented the DPS Society in her meetings with Dr(Mrs.).Shabbi Luthra, CEO, Consilience, in Mumbai to ascertain the viability of the school based programmes offered by this Global Innovation Consultancy.Consilience is offering school tested systems, processes and tools for creating a culture of creative enterprise and inventive thinking. They aim to establish a Maker Culture in school by helping students to become creators instead of only consumers.
- 20 students of DPS Noida accompanied by Mrs. Mukul Saxena of the English Department attended an interactive session with Ms. Julie Bishop, Foreign minister of Australia organised by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training, at Shiv Nadar School, Gurgaon. Ms. Bishop spoke about the deep connection between India and Australia and encouraged student exchange programmes which give an opportunity to students of both nations to communicate, exchange ideas and experience each other’s culture.
- A ‘Tax Awareness Programme’ was organised for the Commerce students of class XII in the MP Hall. To showcase the journey of Tax department for last 150 years, Dr. S.S. Bhadoriya (Additional Commissioner) and his team screened a short film followed by a power point presentation. Dr. S.S. Bhadoriya spoke at length about the new amendments in the Income Tax Act.
- At the InterSchool Computer Festival ‘Incognito, 2017’ organised by Somerville School, Noida DPSN got the 1st prize in Junior Programming, the 2nd prize in Senior Quiz and the 3rd prize in Senior Programming.
- DPSN won the Consolation Prize Trophy at “Crescendo”- the Annual Inter School Western Music Competition organised by Amity International School, Mayur Vihar.
- Rebanta Saha of class IX, DPS Noida won the Best Actor Award for the stage play at ‘Theatron’ held at DPS R.K.Puram, New Delhi. 18 schools participated in the event.
- DPS Noida won the first position at the prestigious National Western Choir Competition, “Festival of Choirs” at Bluebells International School, New Delhi. First of its kind, the event was organised by the Western Music Education Association(WMEA) and sponsored by Australian Institute of Music(AIM). The flawless rendition of songs by DPS Noida(31 students from VI-XII) which included an original composition – “Inspiration” along with “Going Up Yonder” “Have a little talk” and “Sound of Silence” displayed immense talent of the school’s budding musicians.These performances earned appreciation of the judges and of the gathering comprising representatives from different countries.
- Siya Singh (IV C) secured the first position in the under 9-Girls District Chess Championship held at Raghav Global School, Noida.
- Ms. Ashita Jhamb and Ms. Naina Mathur of DPSN attended a workshop on ‘Innovations in the Classroom’ conducted at HRD Centre, Lodhi Road.
- The Maths Club of DPS Noida ‘The Invariants’ organised the ABAQUIZ 2017 in the M.P Hall of the school. All sections of class IX participated in this event. The Quiz was developed under the guidance of Mrs. Ajita Menon, Mrs. Rekha Pillai, Mrs. Shilpa Kapoor and Mrs. Parul Bhardwaj of the Maths department and was conducted by the students of the school.
- Kalyani of class XII D of DPS Noida got the coveted appointment of Zonal Interact Representative (ZIR) for the Rotary Year 2017-18. She is one among the ten ZIR’s appointed by the District Interact Team amongst 80 schools of the NCR region.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at the Inter School Basketball Championship (Under-16 Girls) hosted by Gurukul Public School NH-24. Ananya Gupta of class XI was declared the Man of the Match. 16 schools participated in this tournament.
- A workshop on ‘Behaviour Skills’ was organized for the students of Classes IV and V. It was an informative workshop. The resource person, Ms. Ira Sehgal, effectively engaged the students, giving them helpful insight into good behavioural skills.
- At the PAGE RAJNITI YOUTH Parliament-2017 organised by DPS Greater Noida, DPSN won three Special Mentions and three High Commendations in the respective committees. The Parliament gave the students a valuable insight into the working of the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Women’s Committee.
- DPSNgot the 1st prize in “Best Out of Waste” and “Photography” at “Landmark”- organised by Genesis Global School, Noida.
- DPS junior Quiz Team from class IX won the 1st position at the Inter DPS Annual Environment Festival “Vasundhara”-celebrating the colours of the earth, hosted by DPS Vasant Kunj.
- ‘I am a little chef’ activity, a fireless cookery activity, was conducted for Class II children. They confidently made their signature dishes with healthy ingredients. The kids enjoyed every minute of this activity.
- DPSN won the 1st prize in Hot Pursuit and the 2nd prize in Tramedy at Eloquence, the Inter School LiteraryEvent hosted by K.R. Mangalam World School, Greater Kailash II.
- Delhi Public School Noida organised a workshop for the students of classes IX to XII about various courses in Foreign Universities. The representatives from two foreign universities, University of British Columbia, Canada (UBC) and Deakin University, Australia held an interactive session with the students and informed them about the various courses, eligibility criteria and career prospects in their respective Universities.The representative of Deakin University gave inputs on various programmes and mentioned about their tie up with NDTV for various scholarships for bright and deserving students. The representative of UBC informed the audience about the plethora of opportunities that UBC campus provides for its students and dwelt upon the outstanding achievements of students of DPSN who are currently pursuing various programmes at UBC.The resource person congratulated the school for the prestigious ILOT-Scholarship which was bagged by a student of DPS Noida last year and met a few faculty members and parents to answer their queries. According to Principal, DPS Noida, Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, the initiative was taken by the school to help, guide and mentor students who are keen on going abroad to study.
- The Dramatics Club of DPS Noida,“Mukhaute”, organised the 6th edition of its Annual Interschool Dramatics Competition. The theme of the competition was “Lok Rang” – a dramatization of the treasured Indian folk tales.The marvellous plays staged by the budding actors of 21 teams from schools across Delhi NCR, portrayed various folk tales, such as ‘Kallu Kumhar ki Unakoti’, ‘Ghashiram Kotwal’, ‘Tenaliram’, ‘Geet ka Kamaal’ and ‘Charandas Chor’. The much awaited event of the dramatic itinerary of DPS Noida, ‘Mukhaute’, aims to raise pertinent issues that plague our world today .It also introduces the students to a vivid spectrum of Indian culture and tradition, to which they are the lucky heirs.The competition was adjudged by Mr. Prakash Joshi, an eminent theatre artist and Atul Jassi, noted personality in the field of advertisement and a leader in dramatization of folk tales.The play ‘Charandas Chor’ presented by the seasoned actors of DPS Noida not only impressed the judges but also left the audience spell bound.The play won the first position along with the awards for the “Best Play” and the “Most Entertaining Play” of the competition. A complete show stealer, the ‘chor’ and ‘sipahi’ of the play, Abhiraj Singh of class X and Rebanta Saha of class IX were awarded the best actors.The occasion was graced by the benign presence of Chairman DPS Noida Mr. Pramod Grover along with prolific Hindi poet Mr. Arun Gemini and critically acclaimed film actor Mr.Sumit Gulati.
- DPSN was adjudged the Best Overall Quizzing School at the 6th R.L. Chopra Memorial Inter School Quiz Festival – “Qriosity”, organised by New Era Public School Mayapuri. DPSN Quizzers won the 1st position in General Quiz and SPENT Quiz, the 2nd position at the Sci-Biz Tech Quiz and the 3rdposition in India Quiz.
- DPSN organised an informative Orientation Workshop for the parents of class XI. The initiative was taken to apprise the parents about the streams – Science, Commerce and Humanities, the subject choices and options available to the students and the CBSE guidelines about registration of subjects. The school invited renowned career counsellor and speaker Mr. Anubhav Rakheja as a resource person who made the parents aware of the eligibility criteria, selection procedure and new policies of the colleges. The parents were also informed about the different career choices available in India and abroad. It was an interactive session where parents queries were answered by the coordinators and representatives of class XI and the School Counsellor.
- Ms. Aditi Mitra, Counsellor DPS Noida, attended a workshop cum training programme for teachers conducted by CBSE on the topic of Gender Sensitivity at Billabong High International School, Noida. Ms. Neera Chopra (CBSE trainer and educationist) and Ms. Shweta Khurana (Psychology teacher, Bal Bharti Gangaram) were the resource person’s who conducted the session.The workshop raised pertinent questions and the need to focus on making the schools and classrooms more gender sensitive and raise awareness amongst teachers.
- DPSN won 3 Best Delegate Awards, 1 High Commendation and 3 Special Mentions at the Tagore International School MUN (TISMUN-2017)