- As a part of Vigilance Awareness Week 2016, initiated by the Government of India and CBSE, DPSN organised various activities for the students with the aim to encourage the fight against corruption and inculcate greater awareness on vigilance in public life. An Inter Section English Debate on Integrity in Public Life was conducted for classes VI-VIII and Slogan Writing and Poster Making Competition for classes IX-X. The students submitted essays on the same theme which will be evaluated and the results announced later.
- DPSN won the First Prize in Power Point Presentation – Mimicking the Great Minds and the second prize in Quizzology, Nature Hunt and Group Discussion, at the Inter School Biology Fest – ‘Antheia 2016’, organised by Cambridge School, Indirapuram, for students of classes IX-XII.
- DPSN won the 1st Prize in Quiz at Confest, 2016, an Inter School Commerce Event organised by DPS Vasant Kunj.
- The Quizzers from DPSN stood fourth in the Vigilance Awareness Quiz-2016, conducted by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd as a part of Vigilance Awareness Campaign being organised by the Govt. of India. The quiz was organised at SCOPE Auditorium, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- The Interact and Western Music Clubs of DPSN organised INTERACT THUNDER 2016, the Annual Western Music Extravaganza, in the school grounds. 15 leading schools of Delhi/NCR participated in the event which had two categories, Band Song and Instrumental. Over 330 students of DPSN from classes VI-XII sang. ‘We are the world’ spreading the message of love and harmony. The Valedictory Event was graced by Shri Pramod Grover, Chairman DPSN Managing Committee, Mr. Shashank Agarwal, Dir Rotary Club Noida and other eminent Rotarians.
- At XINO, 2016, the Inter School Computer Symposium, hosted by DPS Rohini, DPSN won the Overall Trophy with First Prize in Online Cryptic Hunt, Second Prize in Quiz and GD and the Third Prize in Surprize Event.
- Aditya Krishnan(X) and Ayush Asthana(XI) participated in the State Level Competition of Science Project and Exhibition, conducted under the Inspire Award Scheme in which Ayush Asthana got selected for the National Level Competition to be conducted in December 2016.
- 10 students of the Dance Club attended a Lecture cum Demonstration on Kathak Dance by Uma Sharma under the aegis of SPIC MACAY Virasat Series, 2016, organised by Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida.
- Mrs. Rachna Misra of the Biology Department presented a paper on ‘ Environment Challenges and Solutions’ at HRD Centre DPSS.
- DPS bagged the 2nd position at the Sufi Group Song Competition, organised by Mayoor School, Noida.
- DPSN won the 1st prize in Gaming and Digi Imaging and the 2nd prize in Quiz at CODE-2016, the Inter School IT Fest of Apeejay School, Noida.
- In Synergy, 2016, Inter School Festival hosted by Mayoor School, Noida. DPS Noida students won the 1stprize in ‘It’s an Ad Mad World’ and Oodles of Os, a colouring Competition, and the 2nd prize in Bazm-e-Sufi, Shop window styling, English Recitation and A Twist in the Tale.
- DPSN Commerce students won the 1st prize in Documentary and Promo Chromo and the 2nd prize in Mock Consumer Court at COMECO-2016, an Inter Schol Commerce and Economics Fest.
- DPSN bagged the 1st prize in Director’s Cut at Technolympics-2016, the Inter School Annual IT Fest of Cambridge School Noida. The students won the second prize in Thug Life(movie making and BASIC Programme) and the 3rd prize in Digi Imaging.
- Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, Principal, DPSN, attended a guest lecture at CBSE office, organised by the CBSE Academic Unit. The resource person was Shri. Sudhanshu Pandey, IAS,Joint Secretary, WTO, Ministry of Commerce, on the topic Global opportunities to students under WTO Region and Equivalence of CBSE Qualifications Abroad.
- DPS Noida won the 2nd position in the Solo Classical Song Event at the Inter DPS National Vocal Song Competition, held at DPS R.K. Puram.
- At the Inter School French Language Festival ‘Postcards from Paris-2016’, hosted by DPS Mathura Road, DPSN students bagged the 1st prize in Group Poetry Recitation and 2nd prize in the Fashion Show.
- Pranav and Parth Dhar of DPSN bagged the Overall First Prize in the regional round of the prestigious TCS IT WIZ – a ‘Knowledge Initiative’ Inter School IT Quiz, organised by Tata Consultancy Services, at IIT Delhi. Over 1060 students from various schools participated in this event. The theme for the quiz was ‘Default is Digital’. The winning team will now represent North Zone in the mega National Finals to be held in Mumbai on 11th December 2016. The duo was awarded with many prizes including Skullcandy earphones, IPAD Air2, Robot shaped USB, Bluetooth Speaker, TCS Bag & Selfie Stick.
- Gurupurab was celebrated with great enthusiasm by the Junior Wing students. The students made beautiful cards for their parents, enjoyed ‘prasad’ while listening to the story of Guru Nanak Devji, whose birthday is celebrated as Gurupurab.
November 14-December 25
- Over 2400 woollens were donated by the school students for the HT Pace organised Woollen Collection Drive “ Spread the Warmth – the Joy of Giving”, held in partnership with Godrej. The initiative was launched on Children’s Day – 14th November and will culminate with the true spirit of giving on Christmas Day, 25thDecember, 2016.
- To make our students feel loved and special, Children’s Day was celebrated with a lot of zeal. Fun filled activities, games, stories of chacha Nehru, sweets and class party filled the day and made it special for them.
- DPSN Swimmers were the First Runners Up at the prestigious CBSE National Swimming Championship, hosted by Rajiv Gandhi Public School, Bhopal, where all zonal winners participated. Ace Swimmer, Aaliyah Singh, was declared ‘ Best Swimmer’ in her Category(U-17 Girls).
- DPSN debaters won the Overall Trophy at the Annual ‘S.N. Ganju Memorial Inter School English Debate’ held at Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida. Navya Chabra of class XI won the Best Speaker Award.
- DPSN won two Best Delegate Awards and two High Commendations at LVIS MUN(Lotus Valley International School, Noida)
- DPSN organised MILESTONE 2016-17, an event that felicitates those young achievers of classes XI and XII who have excelled in the field of academics. 230 students of classes XI and XII came on stage to collect their gold medals, scholar blazers and scholar badges. On this occasion the school also bid farewell to German students and their teachers who were in the city for a month long 11th Indo German Student Exchange Programme. As the teachers from Germany shared the memorable moments of their visit, the Indian and German students strengthened their bond of friendship by presenting a sizzling dance medley on popular Bollywood numbers.
The Principal also warmly welcomed the delegation of 30 Danish students accompanied by their teachers who are a part of 10 day long 1st Annual Indo-Danish student Exchange Programme. The function was culturally enriched by the melodious rendition of the song ‘Albela Sajan Aayo re…’, a musical presentation based on ‘raag marwa’ and an impressive dance performance by the budding artists of DPS Noida. The event was also graced by Head of Educational Services, Mr. Carl Jochen Dill, and Project Managers Ms. Kavita Chhabra and Ms. Hema Gupta from Max Muller Bhavan, New Delhi.
- DPSN won the 1st prize in ‘The Next Question ‘ – quiz/crossword event held during WARP 2016, the annual Inter School Computer symposium of DPS Mathura Road.
- DPSN Athletes performed commendably at the Inter DPS National Athletic Meet Girls(Open)-2016 with positions in Long Jump, Shot Put, 800 mtr and 1500 mtrs Races.
- At the Amity Model United Nations(AIMUN) DPSN won one Best Delegate Award, one High Commendation and three Special Mentions.
- Top scorers of the three levels (A1, A2 and B1) in the DELF Junior Examination, 2016 were felicitated in a glittering Award Ceremony held in the lawns of the Institut Francais en Inde (IFI) New Delhi, graced by Chairman DPS Society Shri. V.K. Shunglu,Director DPS Society, Mrs. Zeenat Khader, Country Director, IFI, Mr. Bertrand de Hartingh and Attache for Cooperation in Education, Ms. Marie Doubliee. The meritorious students were awarded certificates, T-shirts and a school bag containing French CD’s.
- DPSN got the 1st prize in Quiz at WARP’ 16, the Inter School Competition Event hosted by DPS Mathura Road.
- DPSN won prizes in six out of nine events at the prestigious Inter DPS English Literary Festival, ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’, hosted by DPS International, Saket, where 50 DPS schools from all over India participated. In the flagship event ‘In Search of Actors’ DPSN bagged the 2nd position. The jury and the Principal of the host school congratulated the actors for their sterling performance and selection of the literary extract from ‘Waiting for Godot’ by Samuel Beckett. The students won the 1st prize in Proverbial Tales(VI-VII), the second prize in Tweet a Tale; Speech ahoy(IX-XI) and In Search of Actors(IX-XI). They bagged the 3rd prize in Sloganeers and Call of the Quill.
- Mrs. Manpreet Kaur and Ms. Ramona Arora of the German Department attended the Regional PASCH Teachers conference for teachers of Pasch Schools in South Asia at Hotel Taj Vivanta, Surajkund. The Conference, attended by teachers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Iran and India, focussed on the challenges faced in classrooms.
- At the Inter School Tennis Tournament held at Khaitan Public School, Noida, DPS won the U-19(Boys) Singles, U-14(Boys) Singles as well as U-14(Boys) and U-14(Girls) team event.
- A three member delegation from Wirtschofts, Gymnasium Switzerland comprising Mr. Patrick Langloh (Principal), Mr. Enzo Marell (Vice Principal) and Mr. Marc Dahinden (Economics Teacher) visited DPS Noida as a part of the 1st Swiss Indian Classroom Exchange Programme, supported by CH and Mercator Foundation, Switzerland. Under this programme 17 students from DPSN will partner with 17 students from Switzerland to work together on a project in the field of economics through a virtual classroom followed by visits to the respective partner countries. During their stay in DPS Noida, the delegation had extensive discussions about the programme and the project with the Principal, Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin and the project coordinator, Mrs. Tejinder Khosla. They also took out time to visit Agra and were shown various historical places in Delhi including Qutub Minar, Humayuns Tomb, Lotus Temple etc. The student delegation from Switzerland will visit India in March 2017.
- In the Rang Bharo Painting Competition organized by Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida Praneel Rai (Prep) won the 2nd prize in Category A. Yashika Raj (Prep) and Priyanshi Sharma (Prep) won consolation prizes in the same category
- Nursery students celebrated Sweet and Sour Day. They brought sweet and sour food items like barfi, jalebi, sweet/lemon, rice, pickle, orange, green chutney etc. in their tiffin to learn about the sense of taste. To help comprehend how the different senses work, sense organ kits were organized for them.
- A talk was organised for students of classes IX-XI on ‘Careers in Commerce’. The Resource Person was Dr. Sambit Kumar Misra, Secretary, Career Counselling Cell, ICAI.
- DPSN won the 3rd prize in the Symposium at Eco Fest 2016, hosted by DPS Mathura Road.
- A Special Assembly was organised for the visiting Swiss Delegation from Basel Switzerland to felicitate them. A short cultural programme comprising a Saraswati Vandana, an Indian Classical dance and a contemporary dance on women empowerment was presented. The Principal, Mr. Patrick Langloh, made a presentation about Switzerland; its culture, economy and social life. He appreciated the warmth and hospitality of the school and expressed his eagerness to commence with the first edition of the Swiss India Classroom Exchange Programme.
- Mr. Rajesh Upadhyay, Coordinator, Western Band, attended a workshop at Max Mueller Bhavan to interact with a German Band Group ‘Ensemble Mosaic’. The sessions focussed on contemporary compositions, live electronics and the use of the every day environment to produce an awareness of musical compositions.
- At the Inter School Tennis Championship held at JBM Global School, DPSN won the U-19 Boys Single, U-19 Girls Single and U-14 Girls Single.
- Mrs. Meenakshi Kapoor, of the French Department, attended a French Teacher’s Training Workshop, organised by Institut Francais en Inde(IFI) at the Aihtan Sarovar Portico, Green Park, Delhi. It was conducted by Mr. Pierre-Yues-Roux from CIEP, Sevres, France, who emphasised upon the actional approach of teaching French as a foreign language.
- The Commerce Department organised a workshop for the class XII Commerce students on Recapitulation of Important Concepts and how to use 15 minutes reading time before the Board Exam of Accountancy and Business Studies.
- 600 students of classes IX-X participated in the Classroom Round of the 4th edition of the School Quiz League -2016, organised in association with Lovely Professional University, India. The top 20 teams will be selected to represent the school in the city finals to be held on 3rd December in Gyanshree School, Noida.
- A Karate Belt Test was held in the Sports Ground for students of classes II-V. Forty nine students participated in the same.
- 4 students of classes IX-XI alongwith Ms. Aditi Mitra, counsellor DPS Noida attended a workshop of the Mind Smart Programme for peer educators at the National Science Centre. The workshop, ‘Tackling common medical emergencies and CPR training’ was conducted by Expressions India.
- DPSN bagged the Overall Trophy at the Computer Fest of DPS Sushant Lok ‘Crypt’16 ‘ with a first prize in Quiz, Gaming and Cryptic Hunt. They won the 2nd prize in Movie Making and Photography and the 3rd prize in Music Mixing and Group Discussion.
- Mrs. Deepali Taneja of the French Department attended a training session for teachers of French Language who are not accredited yet as examiners and correctors for DELF and DALF exam, at DPS Mathura Road. DELF & DALF is an official certification awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify proficiency in the French language of non - native speakers of French. The workshop, conducted by Ms. Caroline Schmitta, was only for the teachers of Delhi Public Schools across Delhi/NCR.
- At Image 2016: Seva Sankalp, Inter School Festival organised by Cambridge School, Noida, DPSN won 1stprize in Enactment of a Proverb, German Group Song Competition,Solo Ghazal Song, Kahani Lekhan, Canvas Painting and Clay Modelling, the 2nd prize in Hindi Hasya Rasa Kavita and the Western Group Song Competition and the 3rd prize in Charity Begins at Home and Sanskrit Shloka Competition.
- A Special Assembly was organised in the School Grounds to celebrate Constitution Day and bid farewell to the thirty member delegation from Denmark. The students were given information about the Constitution of India and the fundamental duties were read out. The Preamble to the constitution of India was recited by every student of the school with a pledge to uphold the unity and integrity of the country. Subsequently the Danish delegation was given a warm farewell with a dance medley put up by the students involved in the exchange. The teachers from Denmark shared their experiences with the gathering and emphasised upon the educational aspect of this programme, which makes it an unforgettable learning experience for both the schools. The assembly ended with the release of helium balloons in the air to symbolise the bond of friendship that has no barriers!
- DPSN organised the School Chapter of the 10th International Commerce Olympiad(ICO) 2016 with over 80 students from classes XI-XII participating. The results will be declared in January 2017. The test measures the concept understanding ability of the student. The meritorious students will be recognised by Commerce Teachers Foundation(CTF).
- More than 300 students of class VI, along with 11 teachers, visited the National Rail Museum on an Excursion.
- DPS Noida Boys(U-15) Football Team, won the 1st Runners Up Trophy in the Reliance Foundation Youth Football Cup, organised by Reliance Foundation in collaboration with Delhi Dynamos Football Club and Delhi Soccer Association. 110 teams from Delhi/NCR participated in this tournament. Agam Gupta of class VIII won the Best Player of the tournament Award and 3 students got selected for Delhi Dynamos Under 16 Football Club.
- Milk Day was organized for students of Nursery class. It was a fun way of teaching students about the importance of drinking milk as a part of healthy and balanced diet.
- The Scholastic One Nation Reading Activity was organized in the Junior Wing. It commenced with a taking of the Scholastic Reading pledge. This was followed by students reading silently from story books of their choice. A graffiti board was set up on which children gave expression to their feelings on why they love reading.
- Four swimmers of DPSN participated in the prestigious S.G.F.I National Swimming Meet held at Rajkot wherein Navya Singhal got 2 Silver medals in 200 mt and 400 mt Free Style Competition.
- A range of Intra- section Literary Activities were conducted for students of classes Nursery-V to enhance their confidence and strengthen their language proficiency. The activities were Hindi and English Recitation, Show and Tell, Just a Minute, English and Hindi handwriting, Dialogue writing, Visual Prompts and Twist in the Tale.
- At EXUN, 2016, the Inter School IT Symposium hosted by DPS R.K. Puram, DPSN won the First Prize in Senior and Junior Quiz and the third prize in crossword.
- Ms. Ramani Dhadwal, HOD Geography and Ms. Shailja Dixit attended a Discussion Meet at HRDC, Lodhi Road, for designing an academic programme for teachers of Geography for classes VI-X for Delhi Public Schools across the country and abroad.
- Ms. Swati Rawat of Biology department visited HRDC, Lodhi Road for moderation of Question Paper.
- More than 300 students of class VII, along with their teachers, visited the National Rail Museum on an Excursion.
- The students of classes VI-X underwent the first round of Times NIE National Aptitude Challenge Test. The students who qualify the First Round will be selected for the Second Round of the Exam which will be scheduled later.
- An Inter Section Dramatics Competition, Muskurahat, was organised for classes VI-VIII. Class VI presented Ad Mads, Class VII put up skits and Class VIII portrayed plays based on famous Hindi stories of all times. Alumni of DPSN, Aryan Kaura and Mahir Pandhi were invited to judge the event.