- DPS Noida in association with the Times of India organized a stream selection workshop for students of Class X. The resource person, Mr. Love Jain, a career counsellor and educationist gave his inputs on the different streams and the career prospects each of these streams offer. Students were also informed about 'off Beat' careers like becoming an RJ, e-journalism, horticulture, dairy farming etc.
- In compliance to the direction of Central Vigilance Commission, EPFO had observed Vigilance Awareness Week from October 30 to November 4, 2017. A debate competition was organized for Class VI on the topic 'corruption free India- A myth'. During the same week Delhi Metro Rail Corporation also organized a poster making competition for students of Class VIII-IX. Both these events aimed at raising the vigilance awareness of students at a very tender, impressionable age and encouraging students to prevent and fight against corruption of all sorts. Cash prizes, books and certificates were distributed to the winners.
- Commerce Department won two 1st prizes at DPS Dwarka. This Inter School Competition had three events out of which two Admad and MOCK STOCK, were won by DPS Noida.
- DPS Noida hosted the First DPS International Swimming Meet Boys (Open) 2017, under the aegis of The DPS Society. The Inaugural Ceremony on Sunday November 5, 2017 commenced with an impressive March Past by the swimmers of 27 teams from various Delhi Public Schools. The activity packed Meet ended with the Prize Distribution at the Valedictory function on Monday, November 6, 2017.
DPS Noida was declared the proud overall winner of this prestigious Meet. With a total of 6 Gold, 3 Silver and 5 Bronze medals in 15 events of Individual and Relay categories, the seasoned swimming stars of DPS Noida paved their way to the well-deserved success. DPS Mathura Road and DPS Panipat finished on Second and Third positions respectively.
Speaking on the occasion, Chairman DPS Society, Mr. V K Shunglu said that one needs to interconnect with people all the time to be better individuals and such interschool events provide that opportunity.
Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover, Member DPS society Mr. B.P.Khandelwal, Vice Chairman DPS Noida, Dr. Sandeep Gulati, and Member Managing Committee, Mrs. Veena Sirohi , were among the eminent guests who graced the occasion.
- In another Social initiative of the Interact Club, books were collected for being re-used by the underprivileged section of society. The students donated generously and 10 cartons were sent to Kajipura village Government School in Rajnagar.
- DPS Noida outshone all other teams at Core 17 an IT festival organized at DPS Dwarka. The first position was bagged by the Quizzers at both the junior and senior levels. Another 1st position was won at a surprise event organized for the competitors. At the Group Discussion students of DPS Noida stood second.
- Avinika Sanvi won a Silver Medal at the CBSE National Meet of Gymnastics. She also won a Bronze Medal at the Delhi State Gymnastic Championship in December.
- Delhi Public School Noida hosted the prestigious Annual DPS Noida Model United Nations Conference . The conference, simulating the work of United Nations, provided an apt platform to more than 160 young student delegates, representing 80 countries, from schools across Delhi NCR, to exhibit their skills of debating, persuasive speaking, negotiation and teamwork. The two day conference saw a plethora of extremely challenging rounds of debates and discussions. In exploring possible solutions to today’s global problems, the delegates undertook extensive research, drafted resolutions, lobbied for support and followed all UN diplomatic procedures. The seasoned delegates representing various member nations of the UN, debated on significant issues like the Responsibility to Protect, Contractual Private Militaries, Human Rights Violations, the Eurozone debt crisis etc.
The culmination of this conference was marked by a Valedictory Ceremony While DPS Noida itself did not compete in this esteemed event, it gave away a number of awards to the deserving candidates. DPS Mathura Road won the Best Delegation Trophy. The experienced members of the Executive Board, which included former office bearers of various MUN Clubs, were felicitated by the Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover and member Managing Committee, Mrs. Sudipta Ghose.
- DPS Noida was the Delhi Winner at the prestigious TCS quiz IT Wiz held at IIT Delhi. Competing against ace quizzers the DPS Noida team comprising Pranava Dhar and Ansh Arora outclassed all other teams to emerge winners. This team would represent Delhi at the National level TCS to be held at Mumbai.
- Satvik Prasad of IV – E was selected for the BEE-State Level Painting Competition 2017 under the supervision of NTPC Ltd. Lucknow. He was also awarded Rs. 2000/- along with his fare to Lucknow. He went on to win the consolation prize at the state level Painting Competition on Energy Conservation organized by the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- Children’s Day was celebrated enthusiastically by the tiny tots of Junior Wing. On this occasion of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s birthday, they were acquainted with his life and how he loved children. The children watched ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Finding Nemo’ which they truly enjoyed. They also played musical chairs. Sweets were distributed to the children and a bookmark, made by teachers, using their own art work was also given. This was followed by a class party.
- The students of Junior Wing participated in the XXXVII Inter School English Debate for Juniors 2017-18 at DPS Mathura Road. The motion before the house was “Success In Life Comes From Taking Risks”. Aditya Pandey, spoke against the motion and bagged the ‘Best Speaker Award’ and Devika Dang of IV-C who spoke for the motion was awarded the Consolation Prize.
- Delhi Public School, Noida hosted the historic International Convention on “Early Childhood Education in the Indian Context”, an HRDC initiative, under the aegis of the DPS Society.The three day long programme aimed to provide a platform for the educators and academicians to present and discuss the recent trends, developments, concerns and practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted. The inaugural ceremony was marked by the release of the ECE Booklet by the Chairman DPS Society, Mr. V.K. Shunglu and other dignitaries.
120 enthusiastic ECE trained teacher participants, from Delhi Public Schools along with approximately 200 teachers from DPS Noida, attended the Convention which comprised a number of enriching and informative sessions by Educationists and Researchers. Prof. Kathy Sylva , Honorary Research Fellow and Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Oxford , in her Keynote address spoke on ‘Global Scenario and Development in ECE’.
Presentations and Group Discussions on topics pertaining to the essential components of ECE opened new vistas for the participants.
A mesmerizing cultural hue was added to the programme with exquisite performances by the talented students of DPS Noida through a mesmerising & exquisite presentation 'The Buddha Within' which showcasd the spiritual journey of Gautam Buddha.
Luminaries present at the event included Chairman, DPS Society Mr. V.K. Shunglu, Vice Chairman, DPS Society Rear Admiral M. M. Chopra, Honorary Treasurer, DPS Society and Chairman DPS Noida , Mr. Pramod Grover, Member DPS Society ,Prof. B.P. Khandelwal, Joint Director HRDC Dr. Sharda Manocha, Director CEM & I/c HRDC ,Ms. Vinita Kher, Principals and Vice Principals of Delhi Public Schools.
- The 9th International Commerce Olympiad organised by 'Commerce Teacher's Foundation' was successfully conducted. 121 students enrolled for this exam. CTF had also provided protected access to online sample papers to students of class XII who participated in the International Commerce Olympiad 2017 for scoring better marks in CBSE Board Exams.
- At the Annual Inter DPS Environment Festival 2017, held at DPS Mathura Road, two prizes were won by DPS Noida. In the Environment Quiz, the Quizzers secured the 2nd position while for the Book of Ideas, DPS Noida won the 3rd position.
- At Art Poetica 2017, DPS Noida performed outstandingly well winning the 1st position in Inverse Rhapsody, a poetry recitation competition and the 2nd position in Blend Art Competition. This interschool competitions was held at DPS R.K. Puram.
- A group of four students of class XI won the Second Position at the Art Competition 'Graffiti' held at the Columban Fest 2017 organised by St. Columbus School, Delhi.
- In the Rang Bharo competition organized by Chinmay Mission, Noida, Moyna Singh, Aarush Jain and Gauresh Garg of Class II were awarded consolation prizes.
- The Principal Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, visited Germany along with other Principals of various schools of South Asia. The visit aimed at enabling them to understand and get exposed to schools and the education system in Germany. The visit was planned by the Goethe Institute and the project "Schools: Partner for the Future "(PASCH). This visit further strengthened the Indo-German friendship which has nurtured almost a dozen student exchange programmes in over a decade.
- DPS Noida won the 1st position in a Science debate held at Vasant Valley School. This event was part of the Science Festival 'Impact' being organised there.
- DPS Noida bagged First position in the National Inter DPS Classical Dance Festival, Nrityanjali -2017 .The event was hosted by DPS Noida , under the aegis of DPS Society. 23 Delhi Public Schools across India, that had qualified the Zonal Competitions in their regions, participated in this mega event. The teams were required to perform any classical dance on the theme of ‘Satya mev Jayate’ or ‘Jagriti’. The graceful dancers, through various dance forms like Kuchipudi, Bharatnatyam, Kathak ,Odissi etc. captivated the audience with their eclectic performance.
The Chief Guest of the competition was, leading Kathak exponent of India, noted musician and choreographer, Guru Geetanjali Lal, who won the Prestigious Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2007. The competition was judged by Founder and Director of Odissi Academy in Delhi, Ms. Kavita Dwibedi, the accomplished Bharatnatyam Dancer and quarter finalist of India’s Got Talent Season 2, Mr.Suhail Bhan, and noted Kathak dancer Shaija Nalwade. The grand event was also graced by Director DPS Society Mrs. Sandhya Awasthi and Member Managing Committee DPS Noida Mrs. Sudipta Ghose.
- The Prelim round of the Aqua Regia Science Quiz the largest Science Quiz in the country organised by T.I.M.E. education group was held in school earlier in the month. Top five teams represented the school at the Delhi city finals at the LTG auditorium. One team of Madhur Agarwal and Saakar Goel won the Delhi city finals and would be going to Hyderabad for the finals soon.
- To provide a platform to our young learners to showcase their language skills and enhance their level of confidence ‘Literary Week’ was organized for Classes Nursery to V. A range of Intra section activities such as English and Hindi Handwriting, Creative Writing, Quiz, Debate, Declamation were conducted throughout the week. The students displayed their literary prowess and participated enthusiastically.
- The tiny tots of Classes Nursery and Prep participated in a ‘Read and Draw’ activity. They also participated in a ‘Talent Hunt’ show, exhibiting excellent dancing, mimicry, singing and acting skills.
- 14 teachers of different departments who had been Head Examiners for CBSE class X and XII board examinations 2016-17 attended the Principals and Head Examiners meeting at Amity International School organized by CBSE. The meeting aimed at ensuring smooth and error free conduct of Examination and Evaluation work of the board and further to strengthen the system and procedure of work. The meeting was presided over by the Hon'ble Secretary - CBSE and Sh. Rajbir Singh, the Executive Director.
- In the Inter School Event held at GD Goenka School our tiny tots performed exceedingly well and bagged the first prize in ‘Tap Your Feet’ (Nursery), Best Out of Waste (Prep) and ‘Zig Zag Race’ (Sunshine). Nursery students also won the second prize in the event ‘Ice Cream in my Cone’.
- At the Inter DPS National Commerce Festival organised at DPS Chandigarh, First position was won in a Photography event. In Aperture, an online economics event, the First position was once again bagged by DPS Noida.
- Navya Singal and Aaliyah Singh won gold medals in 400m and 50 m respectively in U-17 category at the school game federation of India National Swimming Championships held at Delhi.
- The students of Class V attended a workshop on Road Safety. This workshop, a part of the Toyota Safety Education Programme, helped in reinforcing safety guidelines to our young learners. Informative and colourful booklets were also handed out to the students, highlighting the importance of road safety.
- DPS Noida emerged Overall winners at Nexus, an inter school computer competition held at DPS Greater Noida. The team came first in programming and secured the second position in a surprise event.
- In the first level of the International English Olympiad conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation. Manya Upadhyay, Priyanshi Sharma and Akshita Gautam of Class I, Ipsa Singh of Class III and Darsh Kedia of Class V secured International Rank 1. Saina Gupta of Class IV secured International Rank 2. 23 students from Classes I to V were among the Top 10 International Rank holders. 23 students of Class II, 22 students of Class IV and 39 students of Class V were selected for the 2nd level of the Olympiad.
- In the Inter school Maths competition held at Apeejay School, Noida. Pratulya Trivedi of Class IV and Arjun Gupta of Class V secured the 2nd position in the Maths Quiz – Matherun. Darsh Kedia of Class V secured the 2nd position in the Maths Relay.
- DPS Noida was the Overall Winner at Warp'17 an IT event held at DPS Mathura Road. The team comprising 18 students won 3 First prizes and two second prize. The quizzers once again showed their mettle and bagged the First prize. Similarly in film making and Dexterity, a photography event, DPS Noida stood First, outshining all other schools.
- DPS Noida won the Second Prize at the Maths Relay and Maths Quiz Competitions held at Apeejay School, Noida.