- Siya Singh (III H) secured the 1st position in the Chess Championship held at Global Indian International School.
- The swimmers of the Junior Wing did exceedingly well at the CBSE North Swimming Competition held at Apeejay School, Noida winning 5 gold medals, 6 silver medals and 2 bronze medals.
- Special Karate classes were held for the girls of classes III to V making them adept at various self defense techniques.
- The children of classes I & II enjoyed participating in Creative Races. A class party was also organized. The children played a few indoor games and enjoyed the food with their sports teachers.
- The Commerce students of DPSN won the 3rd prize in Ad-Mad and Product Development (Best out of Waste) at BIZGEIST, the Commerce Fest of Cambridge School, Indirapuram.
- A personal hygiene and grooming session was conducted for all the students of class IX by the class teachers through power point presentations. This session was organised by the Environment Club, DPS Noida.
- Edu Sports activities were organized for Nursery and Prep children. This included running zig zag, crawling, jumping and balancing the body on a beam.
- A Sahaj Yoga Camp was held for students of classes VI-X to sensitize them about the importance and power of meditation. Interactive sessions were held to make the experience impactful.
- The Spanish students of DPS Noida won the 1st prize in Speech Competition at the Spanish language fest “ El Dia de Espanol ”, hosted by Uttam School for Girls, Ghaziabad.
- DPSN Computer geeks won the First Runners Up Trophy at Incognito, the Computer Fest of Cambridge School, Indirapuram with a first prize in Crossword, Senior & Junior Quiz and Group Discussion.They won the second prize in Sr. Programming, A/V Editing and Senior Quiz.
- 50 students of the Environment Club visited the Botanical Garden, Noida, to witness a ‘Nukkad Natak’ on various types of pollution, their ill effects and solutions. The students also got an opportunity to study rare plants and herbs that grow in the garden. The students were taught about conservation of endemic and threatened plant wealth of the country and measures to keep the environment clean and green.
- The festival of Dussehra was celebrated by the children of classes I and II. They made beautiful cutout effigies of Ravana and spoke a few lines on – ‘Truth Always Wins’.
- DPSN won the Best Delegation Award at DPS Indirapuram bagging one Best Delegate Award and three High Commendations. Over 29 schools from Delhi/NCR participated in this event. DPS Noida represented People’s Republic of China.
- DPSN won the Best Delegation Award at GENESIS MUN, 2016 competing with over 25 schools from Delhi/NCR. The students bagged three Best Delegate Awards and three High Commendations.
October 8 - 12
- DPSN won the 2nd Runners Up Trophy at the prestigious CBSE Cluster XIX Football Championship, 2016-17 held at JP Academy, Meerut.
- 2 students qualified the 2nd level of the Regional Maths Olympiad (RMO) conducted by SOF, at DPS Faridabad. Achal Kumar of class XI attained National Rank 1 which is a spectacular achievement.
- 228 students appeared for the 16th National Cyber Olympiad, 2016 conducted by SOF out of which 75 cleared the first level. The second level will be held in February 2017. Aditya Srivastava of class VI achieved International Rank 2.
October 13-October 26
- 11 students and 2 teachers from ITEC Boisfleury Grenoble, France visited India during the Indo-French Student Exchange programme, 2016 and stayed with the student host families. Their stay in India was replete with activities such as visit to Agra and Jaipur, Dilli Darshan, Dilli Haat, the Iskcon temple, Bangla Sahib, Akshardham temple etc. Art and Craft, puppet making and cookery workshops were organised for them in school. The delegation attended classes, functions organised by the school, interacted with the DPS Noida students and carried back with them rich memories of cultural exchange.
- DPSN quizzers won the 4th position among 45 teams at the Dorling Kindersley Quiz-2016 edition organised by Dorling Kinderley Publications at Arya Auditorium, East of Kailash.
- A Swach Bharat Abhiyan was organised in classes VI-X, in which students participated in various activities which included cleaning their class rooms and surrounding areas, staging a play depicting the importance of cleanliness and canvassing for an eco friendly and pollution free Diwali. Class discussions were also held alongwith power point presentations being shown to the students on the theme of cleanliness.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at the Annual Inter DPS National Commerce Festival, ‘Vanijya-2016’, hosted by DPS Chandigarh with over 17 schools from all over the country competing for various events. DPS Noida won the 1st prize in Bizmania, Business Quiz and A Pandora’s Box Product Fair. The students bagged the 3rd prize in the Street Play – Harbingers of Change and The Corporate Challenge – Bulls’ Eye.
- Six interactors attended as volunteers in a Cancer Awareness Programme, organised by Rotary Club, Noida at the BhimRao Ambedkar Government Hospital, Noida.
October 15 - 16
- DPSN Cricket team won the Tournament at G-events Inter School Cricket Tournament U-17, held at GDA Ground, Indirapuram.
- 24 students of DPS Noida participated in the Inter DPS National Science and Environment Festival, 2016 held in DPS Moradabad. The onsite and online events included Power Point Presentations, designing working models to be used as teaching aids, Natya Manch, Book of Ideas, Tech World, Eco Aesthetics etc.
- Twenty students from classes III-X participated and won the third prize in an event ‘ Colour Splash ’ hosted by Gyanshree School Noida, under the aegis of Times of India NIE. This event focussed on showcasing the drawing and painting skills of students by giving them an opportunity to compete with more than 900 students from schools across Delhi/NCR.
October 17 – 24
- Inter Section Football Tournaments for boys were organised for classes IX and X.
- DPS Noida organised a Sitar Recital by renowned Sitar maestro Shri. Prateek Chaudhury under the aegis of SPIC MACAY. He was accompanied by Shri. Priyanshu Chaturlal on the Tabla and Shri. Zafar Mirza on Tanpura. The artistes also interacted with the students enriching them with the exclusive knowledge of Indian Classical Music. The performance was an enriching experience for the DPS Noida fraternity.
- The Psychology students of DPS Noida won the 3rd prize in Face Painting at the 5th Annual Psychology Fest called ‘PSY-NERGY 2016’ held at Cambridge School, Indirapuram. The students also reached the finals in Quiz (Concepts in Psychology).
October 18-November 2
- A group of 14 students and two teachers from IES Condesa Eylo Alfonso of Valladolid, Spain visited DPS Noida during the 1st Indo-Spanish Exchange Programme. The delegation had a memorable experience comprising visits to Agra and Jaipur, Delhi Darshan, Akshardham temple, Pratapgarh farms, Kingdom of dreams etc. Interesting and informative workshops such as pottery making, tie and dye, rangoli making, cooking etc. were organised for them during their stay. They attended classes, played matches and participated in Yoga sessions. They even attended Model United Nations sessions, gaining an insight into world issues. The delegation went back to Spain with indelible memories.
- 79 students from classes VI-XII participated in the 1st International Environmental Olympiad, a unique initiative started by the Danish Water Forum, in association with the Royal Danish Embassy in India. The Olympiad, through its questions, was aimed at inculcating in the students the best environmental practices, globally.
- The preliminary round of French Olympiad, organised by Education and Beyond, was held in the school in which 192 students from classes V-X appeared. The exam comprises three levels namely Elementary, Advanced and Proficiency. The result will be declared in November.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at NEXUS, the Annual Inter School Technology Fest of DPS Greater Noida. The students won the 1st prize in Senior Programming, Quiz, Surprize event and the 2nd prize in Movie Making and Source Code.
- DPSN bagged the 2nd prize in Solo Song(Seniors) at Inter School Music Competition – Crescendo 2016 – organised by Cambridge School, Indirapuram.
- A workshop on Puppet Making and Tie and Dye was conducted by Times NIE for the French delegation of students and teachers visiting DPS Noida.
- DPS Noida participated in a cultural programme on the third day of the ten day long ‘ Shilpotsav’ organised by the Noida Authority at the Noida stadium. Students of classes VIII-XII sang Hindi song ‘ Roshni Do’ spreading the message of love and harmony that would make this world a better place to live. The mellifluous rendition of the song, with instrumental music, left the audience spell bound. This was followed by a street play by the students on ‘ Save Environment’ to create awareness on how to conserve our environment and prevent it from further depletion.
- The students of classes I & II of DPS Noida presented a symphony of music and dance titled ‘A Musical Saga’ for their annual production. The show, involving all 700 students, depicted music as a universal language of the world, showcasing the diverse music and dance styles of different countries of the world. The French and the Spanish delegations, who were visiting the school for the Student Exchange Programmes, were also felicitated on this occasion.
- DPSN won the 2nd prize in Tech Quiz(Senior Category) at Shri Teq 2016 the Annual Technology event of the Shri Ram School, Gurgaon.
- 220 students of classes VI-X appeared for the Unified Cyber Olympiad, 2016, conducted by the Unified Council. 30 students cleared the first level and will appear for the 2nd level to be held in February 2017.
- DPSN hosted the prestigious Annual DPS Noida Model United Nations Conference. More than 200 student delegates from 20 schools across India, exhibited their skills of debating, persuasive speaking, negotiation and team work. The Best Delegation Trophy was won by Ryan International School, Mayur Vihar. The two day conference saw seasoned delegates debating on issues like the Right to Self Determination, Abortion Laws, Prevention of crime against women etc. The inauguration of the event was graced by Chairman DPS Noida, Shri. Pramod Grover.
- DPSN German Language Learners won the 1st prize in Quiz(VII-VIII) and Fashion Show at the prestigious Inter School German Language Festival, ‘ Namastey Deutschland, 2016 ‘ hosted by DPS Vasant Kunj, under the aegis of DPS Society, in association with Max Mueller Bhavan. More than 25 schools were competing in this event. A contingent of 60 students from DPSN attended workshops, film shows, exhibitions and interactive sessions at this event, gaining a valuable insght into the culture and heritage of the German nation.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at ‘ Saugaat-e-Sanskriti ’ – 2016, the Inter School Cultural Heritage Competition, hosted by DPS Greater Noida. The students won the 1st prize in Kahaani Gaar (Story telling Competition), Adwitiya Naad(Instrumental Music Competition) and Ullasin(Duet folk dance Competition).
- DPS Noida Quiz team comprising Ruchit Tandon and Prakhar Srivastava of class VIII emerged winners in the ‘ Know for Sure Quiz Competition, 2016’ , held in association with Encyclopaedia Britannica at DPS Expressway, Noida. More than 35 schools of Delhi/NCR participated in the event which has 2 stages- the preliminary round to shortlist top 6 teams and the onstage finals with seasoned quiz master Mr. Vinay Mudaliar.
- Inesh Vij of class X scored a 100 percentile in Fit in Deutsch 2 Exam, conducted by Max Mueller Bhavan, Goethe Institute, Delhi. He has bagged a scholarship to attend a Youth Camp in India in 2017 and will get an opportunity to be selected for a language course in Germany.
- The artists of the school won prizes at the District Painting Championship, Kalantar, 2016-Noida chapter, with a 1st prize in Nursery Category, 2nd prize in class VI-VIII category and a consolation prize in class II-V category.
- A workshop on Bhandenwar and Jewellery making was conducted by HT Pace for the French delegation of students and teachers visiting DPS Noida.
- Mrs. Anuradha Rawat of the Chemistry Department attended a Chemistry Programme, organised by Gargi College and Royal Society of Chemistry, London. The programme aimed to develop the knowledge and skills of talented Chemistry teachers of various schools to make them Teacher developers.
- The Spanish learners of DPS Noida won the 1st prize in Quiz and Poster Making and the 2nd prize in Book Cover Design and Digital Comic at the Annual Inter School Spanish Language Festival, ‘ La Feria – 2016’ hosted by DPS International, Saket.
- The students of class III DPS Noida presented their annual production-‘Meera…a Life of Devotion’ tracing the life story of the Krishna devotee, Meerabai. The entire presentation was a tribute to the commitment, selfless dedication and sincerity of Meerabai. Excerpts and highlights from the life of Meera were presented through colourful dances choreographed on Meera bhajans. This was followed by the Subject Excellence Award Ceremony where the young achievers were felicitated for their outstanding performance in the previous academic session. The German delegation visiting the school for the Student Exchange Programme was also felicitated on the occasion.
- DPSN students won the 2nd prize in Still photography and Group Discussion and the 3rd prize in news reporting and Robochase at the Annual Inter School Computer Fest- ‘BOT-2016’(Battle of Titans) hosted by the Computer Club of Mayoor School, Noida.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at Ignite, 2016, the Annual Science Festival hosted by DPS Dwarka with one first prize in Surprize Event, the 2nd prize in Chemi-con and Science Quiz and the 3rd prize in Elementary and Ad-Mad.
- DPSN won the Runners Up position at AXIOM, 2016, the Annual Maths Festival, hosted by DPS Dwarka, bagging the 1st prize in Crossword, 2nd prize in Maths Quiz and the 3rd prize in Mindbender.
- Naman Mansukhani of Class VIII and Aditya Srivastava of class VI received All India 100 percentile award in the National Genius Search Examination, 2016.
- A workshop was conducted for the students of class XI on the topic ‘ Joy of Innovation’ by counsellors from B.N. Munjal University Gurgaon. The presentation focussed on Problem Solving, Creativity, Fresh perspective and out of box thinking to solve a problem.
- The Environment Club members of DPS Noida organised a ‘No Crackers Campaign’ to sensitise students against bursting of crackers and creating awareness regarding child labour in the cracker industry. Attractive posters depicting the gravity of the problem were put upon display boards to impact young minds. An impressive Nukkad Natak, based on this theme, was performed for classes VI-X in collaboration with the Dramatics Club.
- The students of the Junior Wing celebrated Diwali with great festive spirit by making colourful Diwali cards and by painting diyas. ‘Diwali Pooja’ was held in classes and videos on a ‘cracker free Diwali’ were shown in classes on the smart boards.
- An Inter Section Football Tournament was organised for the boys of class IV.
- DPSN won the 1st prize in French Group Song and Sanskrit Shloka Gyan Competitions at Goenkan Literary Fest, 2016 – ‘Literary Jewels’ hosted by G.D. Goenka Public School, Greater Noida. They won the 3rd prize in the English Play.
- DPS Noida won the 1st prize in Junior Quiz and Gaming at CORE’ 16, the Inter School Computer Event hosted by DPS Dwarka.
- At Core, 6 the Inter School Computer and Robotics Symposia, held at DPS Dwarka, DPSN won the 1st prize in Junior Quiz and Gaming and the 2nd prize in Senior Quiz.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at the Inter School Festival ‘Learning through Churning’ hosted by Ahlcon International School for the students of classes VI-XII. The participants won the 1st prize in Reverse printed wall murals and the 3rd prize in Nukkad Natak, amongst 32 schools of Delhi-NCR.