- On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, the school organised a host of activities to contribute to the Prime Minister's initiative 'Swachhata Hi Seva'. Students pledged their support towards cleanliness and participated in various activities that began a fortnight in advance as a run up to Gandhi Jayanti. These included Essay Writing Competition, Collage & Poster making, Slogan Writing along with workshops on Segregating Waste, Vermicomposting etc. Documentaries on Mahatma Gandhi were shown and students cleaned their classrooms exhibiting excellent team work. During a Special Assembly organised on the morning of Gandhi Jayanti, the spirit of Unity in Diversity was instilled in students along with the need of a clean body and environment. The Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover also encouraged the students to follow the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhi and administered an oath of cleanliness to the entire gathering.
- English and Hindi Essay Writing Competitions were conducted by DPS Society as a part of the Swachhta Hi Sewa Campaign. Results are awaited.
- Swimmers of the Junior Wing participated in the CBSE Zonal Swimming Competition held at IIMT Academy Ganga Nagar, Meerut and won 11 silver medals and 5 bronze medals. 5 of them went on to participate in the CBSE school nationals held at Sonipat.
- Ms. Ajita Menon and Mr. Arun Sikri of the Maths department attended a two day Capacity Building Programme on Maths for class X at DPS Indirapuram organized by CBSE, Centre of excellence. The CBSE has initiated a series of such workshops for classes X and XII. The workshop provided a platform to the teachers to question, learn and share knowledge thereby bringing a qualitative change in the attitude of teachers.
- DPS Noida bagged the 3rd position at the Inter DPS Basketball Zonals (U-19) girls held at DPS International, Saket. The girls team was beaten by DPS R.K. Puram in the semi finals with a very close margin of 20-24 baskets. Fighting for the 3rd position, the team beat DPS NTPC with a huge margin 18-40. 19 teams competed in this coveted tournament.
- DPS Noida were the winners of the Overall trophy at the Inter School Tennis Championship held at JBM School, Greater Noida. In the U-12 Individual Category (Boys) & U-17 Category (Girls) DPS Noida won the Runners Up Trophy.
- The quizzers of DPS Noida outshone all their opponents once again by winning the 1st position in the Inter School Quiz at DPS International, Saket which was one of the components of Syntax 1.0, a computer event. Another team of students won the third position in the group discussion in the same event.
- Parnika Srivastava of Class VII played the sub Junior Basketball Tournament held in Didwana Rajasthan representing the Uttar Pradesh team that ranked 6th out of 25 teams that participated. Parnika had also earlier represented Gautam Buddha Nagar at the state level Championship held at Allahabad from where she was selected to be part of the UP State sub junior, basketball Girls team. In the tournament Parnika was one of the top scorers of the team and due credit for her excellence goes to her school coach Manjeet Sirohi and the facilities being provided at the school campus.
October 8-December 24
- DPS Noida under-11 Football team won the TSC Aisa Football League 2017, held at Sriram Millennium School, Noida. Our team won 12 out of 14 matches and topped the league table. Raghav Shankar of V C was selected the 'Best Player'.
- At Synergy, Inter School Psychology Fest held at Cambridge, Indirapuram, DPSN won the 2nd position in face painting and 3rd position in Doodle graffiti. The motive behind this meet was to promote Psychology as a subject and to create awareness about its career prospects.
- DPS Noida bagged the 1st position at Scintillations 2017, an Inter School Science Collage Making Competition held at Somerville School, Vasundrara. The competition aimed at highlighting the works of nobel laureates.The theme given to the students was the use of efficient lighting technology in imaging sensors. Students of DPS Noida bagged the rolling trophy of this event.
- A two day photography workshop was organized for students of the Photocopy Club ‘The Crew’ to provide and interactive learning experience to students and expose them to the fundamentals of photography which will nurture them further in the field. A variety of tasks were also organized giving them hands on experience about photography. This workshop also helped students practice photography in a controlled environment.
- 35 Interactors took part in the District Interact Leadership Assembly (DILA) where they laisoned with interactors of other schools. There was a rapid exchange of ideas for the forthcoming International Interact week celebrated the world over. Members of the club also performed a 'Nukkad Natak' on prevalent social issues faced by society in today's era.
- The finals of the DK Quiz were held at Arya Auditorium, East of Kailash. The Quizzers of DPS Noida won the prelim round which saw 45 teams from all over Delhi NCR participate. In the 2 hour long finals which comprised 5 rounds, team DPS Noida was tied for the 1st position with Gyan Bharti school. During the tie breaker, DPS Noida team secured the second place winning a number of books and trophies.
- The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) in association with the British Council organised the International English Olympiad (IEO) for classes VI-XII at DPS Noida. 608 students appeared for the IEO at the first level. 118 students have qualified for the second level which will be conducted on 11th February 2018. Anjali Bansal of class VIII C brought accolades to the school by ranking1st at the International level, 1st at the zonal level and 1st at school level. Top rank holders, zone wise and class wise will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
- Students from the Drama Club in collaboration with the Environment Club of the school, initiated an awareness campaign to promote the message of preserving nature and the air quality. In a fortnight long campaign against fire crackers, students were encouraged to celebrate a Cracker free Diwali and were sensitised towards the importance of preserving nature. Street plays were presented and poster making competitions were also conducted emphasising the same.
- The students of classes I to V participated in ‘Paryatan Parv,’ a campaign launched by the Government of India, to promote tourism. Various activities were organized in the school. A Painting Competition was held for Classes I to III. Students of classes IV and V participated in Slogan Writing Competition. All the students thoroughly enjoyed drawing and writing slogans on tourism related topics.
- DPS Noida bagged a number of prizes at Infoyage 2017, an Inter School IT Fest held at Cambridge School, Indirapuram. Two first positions were bagged in the Quiz and Photography Competitions. The Crossword teams won the second and third positions, while in the group discussion, DPSN stood second.
- A workshop was organised for about 350 students of class XI in coordination with HT Pace. The resource person from Manav Rachna School conducted the workshop in 3 steps. In the first stage she introduced students to various elements of a group discussion. In the second stage, a mock GD was conducted with 8 students on 'banning of home work'. Finally, in the 3rd stage, students were given tips on how to participate in GD Pro competition.
October 17-November 13
- A group of 17 students from three schools of Germany accompanied by their teachers, visited DPS Noida as part of the 12th Indo-German Student Exchange Programme organized in collaboration with Geothe Institute, Max Mueller Bhavan. Visits were organized to historical monuments and other places of tourist attraction. The Germans savoured the delicacies of India and were impressed by the vibrant lifestyle of its people. The programme is an excellent medium for the students to learn about and appreciate the history, culture and traditions of each others countries.
- DPS Noida students won a host of prizes at Ignite & Axiom, a Maths and Science fest held at DPS Dwarka. While three third prizes were won in Elementary Chemistry, a research paper on Zipf’s law and Crossword, First positions were bagged in the Science quiz and Bio-box office which was a movie making competition. Quizzers in Maths were awarded the second position.
- Ms. Manpreet Kaur of the German Department attended a workshop ‘CBSE new Assessment for class X Board Examination’ with Max Muller Bhawan. The teachers were acquainted with the changes introduced in the methodology employed in assessing the students in class X Board papers.
- DPS Noida bagged the 1st position in Advent, a competition for showcasing creativity in marketing products and services by presenting an advertisement for a product or a service. The event was part of 'Enroute 2017' organised by Comcord, the Commerce Club of Sommerville School, Vasundhara Enclave. The students created an advertisement promoting the sale of a special pen that had unique features which made it a limited edition product.
- MUNners of DPS Noida made their mark once again at Utopia MUN held at DPS Gurgaon. Two students won the best delegate award where as high commendation and special mention were bagged by one student each.
- The National Tobacco Control Programs District Tobacco Control Cell under the guidance of the DM and CMO, Gautam Buddha Nagar District, organized a training program in order to bring together a planned and systematic method to get rid of tobacco addiction and ensure children against initiating such habits. During the workshop, practical steps to make schools tobacco free were also discussed. Doctors who formed the panel of experts made the participating schools realise the acute breathing hazards that such addictions can create.
- A workshop on ‘Cyber Security Training’ was conducted at DPS Noida for the students of classes VII and VIII. Through a comprehensive presentation, the workshop designed by KPMG, aimed to sentisize the students on secure and safe use of various applications on the Internet. The students were not only advised to be cautious while creating their ID and Password but were also guided on how to create a secure one. They were told to be extra careful while browsing the Search Engines, using Social Media and playing games on the net. It was clearly conveyed to them that parental guidance and supervision in all of the above is mandatory.
The workshop which was conducted on the same day and same time globally, aims to enter the Guinness Book of World Records. The students were also provided with a handbook summarising the components of the workshop.
- At the CBSE Swimming Nationals 2017-18 at Rishikul Vidyapeeth, Sonepat, DPS Noida bagged 6 Gold and 2 silver medals. The Swimmers of DPS Noida stood out in the region and the Best Girl Swimmer award for U-17 in UP State went to Navya Singhal. The star swimmer had 4 golds under her wing in this Meet and in the 400m freestyle category Navya bagged the gold and made a new record.
- DPS Noida won 8 awards at the prestigious Essay Writing Competition organised by the DPS Society as an initiative during the Swachhta Pakhwada on the topic 'Swachhta Hi Seva'. The competition was organized in both Hindi and English languages at the Primary, middle and senior levels. The essays were judged at the DPS Society by competent judges and were awarded certificates and cash prizes amounting to Rs. 90,000/-. Harshikaa Dhar of Class V won Rs. 25,000/- and outshone all other competitors by bagging the 1st position at the primary level. At the middle level DPS Noida again bagged 3 prizes, this time winning the 2nd and 3rd positions in Hindi and consolation prize in English. At the senior level, in English DPS Noida bagged the 2nd position and won the consolation prize in Hindi. Overall it was an outstanding win across all categories of both the languages.
- The Dramatics Club of DPS Noida organized 'Mukhaute' the 6th edition of the annual inter school dramatics competition. DPS Noida won the first position as well as the award for the 'Most Entertaining Play' of the competition. The plays, based on the theme 'Lok Rang' were a dramatisation of the Indian folk lore. 'Mukhaute' aims at raising pertinent issues that plague our world today. The actors Abhiraj Singh and Rebanta Saha of DPS Noida were awarded the best actors. Twenty one teams participated from Delhi/NCR in this prestigious competition.
- The installation ceremony of the Interact Club for the year 2017-18 was graced by Rtn. Major Dalbir Singh, founder Rtn of DPS Noida. The Programme commenced with cultural items followed by the badging ceremony. The interactors were made aware of their duties as responsible citizens of the country. Rtn Major Dalbir Singh spoke about the power of love and forgiveness and motivated the students to take forward the legacy of 'Service before self'.
- DPS Noida won the over all trophy at Crescendo 2017, the western music competition at Cambridge School, Indirapuram. Students won the first position in Solo and band performance and the second position in Group song category. Twenty students participated in different events of this competition.