- DPS Noida organised the Investiture Ceremony of the Senior Student Council to felicitate and acknowledge the young leaders. It was a solemn occasion where young students were all prepared to don the mantle of leadership and fulfill the responsibility that has been reposed in them. Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover, administered the oath of office to the members of the Student Council who pledged to uphold the values and duties that their position entails. The ceremony commenced with the prestigious school flag being carried with honour, on the stage, followed by the vibrant flags of all the six houses – Chenab, Ganges, Yamuna, Jhelum, Ravi and Sutlej. This was followed by the Candle March symbolic of dispelling the darkness of ignorance and instilling in our future leaders the spirit to lead and inspire .
The Head Boy Drishtant Chakraborty and the Head Girl Aanchal Thakur, were among 116 students who were invested with various responsibilities of the School Council.The Head Boy and the Head Girl expressed their gratitude towards the Principal and teachers for placing confidence in them. An impressive cultural program adorned the event. The soulful ‘Bhajan’’,the dance portraying Lord Krishna’s ethereal beauty ‘ Adhram madhuram’ and the prize winning presentation ’Face to Face’ by the talented stars of DPS NOIDA enthralled the audience.
The Chairman in his speech congratulated the students and acknowledged the school for its crucial role in perfect mentoring of its students. Mr. K.N. Khandelwal and Ms. Sudipta Ghose, Members Managing Committee DPS Noida were among the distinguished guests who graced the occasion.
- A Charcoal painting of Chetna Aanya of class XI has been selected by CHINH Early Education Web Channel(www.chinh.in) for the Festival T-shirts for their upcoming 11th International CHINH INDIA KIDS FILM FESTIVAL 2017. All the jurors would be wearing these T-shirts designed by Chetna. This painting was a winning entry at the Tagore International School Charcoal Painting Competition.
- 360 students of class VIII presented their Annual Production, Tamanna-e-Sarfaroshi, the saga of the dauntless hero Shaheed Bhagat Singh. The show enthralled the audience with its patriotic fervor and made them re-live the days of the freedom struggle. The sacrifice of Bhagat Singh and his idea of 'Kranti' was beautifully portrayed in the show. The Melodious choir and vibrant dances further mesmerised the spectators. 247 students received scholar badges and blazer. Chairman DPS Noida, Mr. Pramod Grover, Prof. Nirjar and Dr. Sudipta Ghose graced the occasion.
- Teachers Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm at DPS Noida. Students of class XII presented a vibrant cultural programme. Students profusely thanked the school teachers and the Principal for imparting not just education but values and life skills. As part of the celebrations teachers were taken for a film and given food coupons. Three teachers were given the role model teacher award initiated by the DPS Society. The citation included a certificate and a cash award of Rs.25000/- each.
- A group of 20 interactors from DPS Noida visited the Noida Deaf Society and interacted with the children who have been battling societal pressures. The students were touched by their indomitable spirit and enthusiasm towards life. The day, coinciding with Teachers Day, made the interactors realise the necessity of spreading love and joy in the world.
- Representatives of the University of Texas, Arlington visited DPS Noida and informed students of classes IX-XII about possibilities of studying in the US University. About 200 students attended this interaction. Details about admission criterion, courses available and scholarships being offered to the students were disseminated with the help of a power point presentation. A few parents of students of class XII who are currently applying to foreign universities were also present to clarify their doubts.
- The school swimming team won the Runners UP Trophy at the Inter School competition organised at YMCA Greater Noida. In all categories both the boys and the girls won accolades. Five members of the team were declared 'best swimmer' in their respective categories.
- As a part of its celebration on completing 10 years, the PASCH and educational series sent a set of 320 books for the school library so that students studying German could learn and explore more about the language and Germany. This gesture by PASCH was not just a reflection of the strong bond that the PASCH schools share but was also a gesture of the love and affection of the PASCH organisation with the member schools.
- An NGO "Joining Hands" in collaboration with a theatre group 'Darpok' organised a workshop for students of the Dramatics Clubs of DPS Noida 'Masque' and 'Mukhaute'. A Hindi play Tenaliraman was also staged as part of this workshop where club members were exposed to the finer nuances of acting on stage. A sum of Rs.42500/- was collected by the students and donated to the NGO 'Joining Hands' that works for the upliftment of the underprivileged children.
- The Rotary Club of Noida donated 32 medicinal plants to be planted in the Science Park. President Rtn. N.P. Bhatnagar, Secretary Rtn. Gunjit Kaur and various other dignitaries of Rotary Club attended the function. The Environment Club students pledged to look after these saplings and create awareness amongst other students about their usage in various ailments.
- The participants of the Pre primary wing participated in ‘Espirit – A pre primary Inter-School Fiesta’ organized by Bal Bharti Public School and secured the second position in the events ‘My Mascot, My Pride’, ‘Bag of Knowledge’ and ‘Literary Revolution’.
- Rushil Khosla of VI is a national level lawn Tennis Player. He is currently ranked No.1 in UP State and featured in the top 3 national players of U-12 category. He has bagged more than a dozen titles in the AITA run championship series in U-12 & U-14 categories in the last 18 months. He undergoes rigorous practice and fitness training for four hours everyday and will soon be representing UP State in upcoming tournaments.
- Ms. Aditi Mitra, the school counsellor, conducted a session with students of the German Exchange Programme and the teachers accompanying them to Germany. The session aimed at discussing some important points that students needed to keep in mind when hosting foreign students travelling to a new country. The focus was on the need for effective communication and creating a sense of responsibility towards the guests.
- Anu Kaushik of the English Department and Sonali Mehra from the Maths Department attended a three day workshop on 'Evaluation of improved Pupil Performance' at DPS Hapur. The workshop, organised by The DPS Society quintessentially aimed at addressing the simultaneous and synchronised role of the schools' teaching and learning process with that of assessment and evaluation of students.
September 13 - 16
- A meeting was organized at the Collectorate Auditorium by the DM, Gautam Buddha Nagar, regarding security in Noida schools. The school Vice Principals and Senior teachers attended the meeting. Guidelines were issued to schools regarding safety and security of students and schools were also informed that inspection will be carried out on October 1, 2017 by administrative officials.
- The Principal, Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin attended a Principals meeting at the Delhi Public School Society, chaired by Mr. V.K. Shunglu, Chairman DPS Society. The meeting, attended by eminent DPS Society members and Principals of all Core Delhi Public Schools addressed the pertinent issue of encouraging a safe and secure environment for students of all DPS's. Besides other Agenda points discussed, all the Principals were also informed that the Hon'ble P.M of India Sh. Narendra Modi had invited DPS Society, to be a partner in the 'Swachhta Hi Seva' initiative. Taking this initiative forward, all schools were to chalk out a plan of the proposed activities as a run up to Gandhi Jayanti.
- Parnika Srivastava of class VII has been selected for a 15 days national camp for Subjuniors Basketball tournament to be held in U.P. Parnika played at the state level and represented Gautam Buddh Nagar District. With her contribution in the game, Gautam Buddh Nagar District was ranked second in the State thus winning her a place in the national camp.
- The Principal Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin and Ms. Preeti Vyas, Academic Coordinator, Junior Wing attended a meeting oranized by NIOS to deliberate on suggesting ways forward to operationalise flexibility in curriculum to promote curiosity, creativity and exploration through local innovative content. With Finland topping the international rankings for its education system, it was also discussed if India needs to feature high on the global ranking in educational reforms, what all changes need to be brought in curriculum, strategies and even in providing autonomy to teachers.