“Life as a teacher begins the day you realize that you are always a learner”
WORKSHOPS - TEACHERS
- Mrs. Latika Handa attended a 3-day workshop at HRD Centre, DPS Dwarka from 23rd January to 25th January 2017 on the topic “Role of a Teacher as a Counsellor”. The workshop consisted of 9 sessions, conducted by counselors from various DPS schools. It was enriching to exchange valuable insight which is helpful for effective teaching.
- A demonstration on the working of Extra Marks Smart boards installed in Junior Wing was held in the AV room on 6th April 2017 for the teachers of Classes III to V to help them recapitulate the functioning of Extra Marks. This was followed by a question answer session wherein teachers’ queries were answered by the visiting team of Extra Marks.
- A series of interesting workshops were conducted for teachers of the Junior Wing from 18th May 2017 to 26th May 2017 to further enhance their teaching skills. The workshop conducted were – ‘Science Model Making by Butterfly Fields’, ‘Health and Nutrition’, ‘Smart Board Operations (Extramarks)’, ‘Presentation by Green Earth Publications’ on selected Maths and EVS topics, ‘Organizing Annual Productions’, ‘Theatre and Music in Education’, ‘Matra Gyan and Developing English Conversation Skills’.
- Ms. Ashita Jhamb and Ms. Naina Mathur attended a two day workshop from 24th July to 25th July 2017 on the topic ‘Inspiring Innovations in Classroom’ for primary and middle school teachers organized by the Delhi Public School Society at HRD Centre, Lodhi Road.
- Ms. Preeti Vyas attended a meeting on Common Revision Assignment in the DPS Society office conducted by Mrs. Zeenat Khader on 12th December 2017. The syllabus, marking scheme and blue print for the Class V revision assignments for English, Maths and Hindi were finalized. DPS Noida was entrusted with the responsibility of making two sets of papers each for English-Module 1 and Module 2 respectively.
- An ‘Exposure Visit’ was organized for a group of Headmistresses and teachers from DPS Bhopal, Indore and Kolar Road. On 30th and 31st January 2018 Workshops on ‘Syllabus Planning and Curriculum Development’, ‘ Good Touch and Bad Touch’, ‘Teaching Methodology, Assessment and Evaluation’ were conducted for the visting teachers. Interactive sessions with the Coordinators, School Counsellor and Time Table incharges were organized for them.