The school is affiliated to CBSE and the CCE guidelines have been implemented from Class Nursery onwards with a Grading system reflecting Scholastic as well as Co-Scholastic areas in the Report Card. Project work and Oral Testing reflected under separate heads in the Report
Cards bear testimony to our emphasis on self exploration and presentation
skills. A strong academic curriculum is followed with emphasis on experiential learning through planned class activities, audio-visual aids and Multiple Intelligence lesson plans, Modules on the Smart Boards supplement the teaching content in all classrooms from Nursery to XII.
- Nursery & Prep : No Formal assessment. The children are assessed on the basis of day to day observation, through general discussion and revision worksheets. A checklist is also prepared at the end of each term to verify the child’s conceptual understanding.
- Class I : The grading system of Class I is an overall assessment of a child’s performance in class which includes the written as well as oral skills. Formal exams are not held, however at the end of each term, oral testing is done which further helps in assessing a child.
- Classes II & III : The report cards of the children are based on the assessment / evaluation done on the basis of Weekly Tests, Oral Testing, Projects as well as the day to day observation of the child.
- Classes IV & V :The student’s performance is evaluated on the basis of weekly tests, oral testing, project work as well as two formal examinations, one in each semester.
- Weekly tests for Classes II to XII, are held in rotation for all subjects.
Two formal examinations, one in each semester, are held for classes VI-IX and XI
For classes IX and XI, in the second semester, complete syllabus of the year is tested.
Classes X and XII have a separate exam schedule.
- Effective from August 2017, DPS, Noida has introduced the concept of class tests in the senior Classes (X-XII) in addition to the Monday Tests. These tests are designed to assess the performance of the students in all subjects on a daily basis. There are two class test scheduled for each week. The feedback of this innovation has been positive and students are seen to be more regular in their day-to-day work and preparation.